Solved

ExtremeCloud IQ / SSO with Azure AD

• 29 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Looking to see if SSO will work with Extreme Cloud IQ with Azure AD. I am not seeing any information if this is available or steps to complete in the KB. 

Thanks in advance. 

icon

Best answer by Ba32701 11 May 2021, 03:46

I hate to say this but extreme networks tech support does not understand basic SSO

I was told the email account and password created in extremecloudIQ must exactly match azure AD.   Yes.  The password used to create a new account should match the password in Azure AD

That is not SSO.  

I've set up multiple cloud services to work with azure ad sso.   I have never had to enter a matching pw to get it to work.   

They have no clue what they are doing when it comes to SSO.  I wish they'd had just said we don't support it so I wouldn't have wasted my time with support that don't have a clue!

View original

2 replies

I hate to say this but extreme networks tech support does not understand basic SSO

I was told the email account and password created in extremecloudIQ must exactly match azure AD.   Yes.  The password used to create a new account should match the password in Azure AD

That is not SSO.  

I've set up multiple cloud services to work with azure ad sso.   I have never had to enter a matching pw to get it to work.   

They have no clue what they are doing when it comes to SSO.  I wish they'd had just said we don't support it so I wouldn't have wasted my time with support that don't have a clue!

Userlevel 4

SSO for an admin logging into XIQ I presume? For a Cloud based XIQ then definitely not currently as only the locally created accounts can be used to login, so there’s no link to AD on Azure or on-prem.

If on-premise then maybe as it does link with AD to login as far as I recall, though unsure if Azure AD or SSO is supported with it.