AAA[1450]: Login failed for user admin through xml

Userlevel 1
Hioes anyone have an idea as to which part of Netsight generates the above error on an Xos switch

11 replies

Userlevel 5
NetSight can log into a device and perform a task. This could simply to run a script such as backing up configuration files on a frequent basis. It is possible that the CLI Credentials are not configured under Authorization/Device Access. The CLI Credentials will need to be configured and mapped to the Device Access profile. Please also note that this is separate authentication than SNMP access.
Userlevel 1
Hi Thanks for the reply. The credentials have been set correctly both SNMP and CLi. Hence the question.
Userlevel 5
Could you confirm whether web access is enabled on the switch under the show management output? We may be looking at an authentication issues over http or https.
Userlevel 1
Hi

Yes it is.
Userlevel 1
I assume i can just disable Chalet and that will solve the issue?
Userlevel 5
Disabling Chalet will stop the messages since the authentication will no longer take place. Though we may need to identify what exactly and why the authentication is being attempted. I believe a case is open on this issue. We would need to look over the NetSight setup and at the switch and XML configuration.
Userlevel 1
Agreed. Can't see why Netsight would want to use Chalet.
Userlevel 1
Typically where would one find the place where Netsight is using XML to connect? I have checked the switch and changes we have made to authentication has not propagated into chalet.
Userlevel 2
Are there any updates regarding this case? I experience the same problem/behavior?
Userlevel 1
Chacko wrote:

Are there any updates regarding this case? I experience the same problem/behavior?

I just disable chalet. The web gui for XOS, so not a fix just a work around.
Userlevel 1
Chacko wrote:

I just disable chalet. The web gui for XOS, so not a fix just a work around.