Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks

Enable Access to ExtremeConnect and Workflow in XMC for different Authorization Groups

Userlevel 5
Hello,

how can I enable the access for different authorization groups to the ExtremeConnect tab and the Workflow menu (yes I know it's beta ;-))?

By default only the NetSight Administrator group has access to this menu/tab.

I searched for an entry in the capabilities for other groups but I didn't find.

I am using XMC 8.1.3.65

Greetings
Stephan

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi Stephan,

I cannot talk to the Workflow menu but in regards to the Connect tab: there is currently no way to change the required authorization group for it. You will have to login with a user that is member of the build-in NetSight Administrators group.

Kurt
Userlevel 5
Kurt Semba wrote:

Hi Stephan,

I cannot talk to the Workflow menu but in regards to the Connect tab: there is currently no way to change the required authorization group for it. You will have to login with a user that is member of the build-in NetSight Administrators group.

Kurt

Hello Kurt,

thank you for your fast answer. Do you know if there is a plan to change this behavior?
Because of I have the request from different Customers to give access to Connect to user with limited rights.

Stephan
Userlevel 3
Kurt Semba wrote:

Hi Stephan,

Kurt

Hi SH,

there is currently not feature request for this so it is not on the roadmap. This would probably be a good time to create one 😉 could you do that?

Thanks
Kurt
Userlevel 5
Kurt Semba wrote:

Hi Stephan,

Kurt

Hello,

yes I will open an FR.

Best regards
Stephan