Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks

extreme management center set user password

I am trying to add a new user to EMC (other than root) in version 8. I can add the user and add them to the authorization group, but cannot add/set a password. I am set to OS authentication. I'm positive I'm overlooking something stupid

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Note step 3, assuming linux appliance and not windows deployment.
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-setup-and-Use-Netsight-Authorizatio...
Userlevel 6
Hello,

If OS Authentication is set the underlying OS needs to have an account and password set up to authentication the user.

If linux use the command: "passwd [u]" and you'll be prompted to enter password credentials.

Replace "[u]" with the username you've configured.

NetSight relies on the underlying OS to authenticate the user, so there is no password database.

Thanks
-Ryan
Yacobucci, Ryan wrote:

Hello,

If OS Authentication is set the underlying OS needs to have an account and password set up to authentication the user.

If linux use the command: "passwd [u]" and you'll be prompted to enter password credentials.

Replace "[u]" with the username you've configured.

NetSight relies on the underlying OS to authenticate the user, so there is no password database.

Thanks
-Ryan

Hello Ryan, In a Windows deployment what I need regarding Windows OS, Windows account, etc...? Thanks
Ryan, that's what I thought, and sure enough, that did the trick! Thank you!