Question

firmware download page too complicated

Show first post

32 replies

Userlevel 4
Jeremy,

Yes, waiting, and waiting, and waiting and doing several times the same klicks are huge new features in the current portal !!!:-)
They pushed a lot of ressources in that.

br
Volker
Userlevel 3
You know what would be really cool? If I could tell EMCenter to download automatically updates for selected (!) products into EMCs local firmware repository. Since EMC uses a login, Extreme can check if I have a valid support contract and are allowed to download the file. And EMC supports proxy to get in Contact with EMC directly. We have to cope then only with firmware installation and not with searching a website. Another point: if these downloads happen automatically in the background, the download speed gets less important.

From my point of view this would be a nice thing on the roadmap which decreases necessary workamount on administrators side and marketing could promote a lesser TCO since these standard tasks are automated. 🙂
Userlevel 2
You know what would be really cool? If I could tell EMCenter to download automatically updates for selected (!) products into EMCs local firmware repository. Since EMC uses a login, Extreme can check if I have a valid support contract and are allowed to download the file. And EMC supports proxy to get in Contact with EMC directly. We have to cope then only with firmware installation and not with searching a website. Another point: if these downloads happen automatically in the background, the download speed gets less important.

From my point of view this would be a nice thing on the roadmap which decreases necessary workamount on administrators side and marketing could promote a lesser TCO since these standard tasks are automated. :-)
In the 10+ years I have been working with Atlas/Netsight/ this has kept being brought up, and I can't remember but there is some legal reason (not technical) why it isn't implemented. and I can't remember the specifics, but it is not likely to happen
Userlevel 7
Let's end the week with something positive...

This thread broke the record for the most "me too" in the forum.

Thx for all the feedback & I wish u all a great weekend,

Ron
Userlevel 3
the old enterasys extranet was better
i also had problems to find correct exos firmwares.
this had something to do with the new portal and also i am new to exos.

the filtering is really bad
Userlevel 2
I Agree ,

it was much simpler , Please do something.
Userlevel 5
Hello,

is there any news about the download? I think 18 me-too show here is room for improvements.

Best regards
Stephan