Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks

How to manage firmware upgrade scheduled jobs in EMC?

Userlevel 1
I want to know if the scheduled firmware upgrades can be managed somehow. It would be practical to cancel, reschedule or simply get a list of jobs pending.

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi,

Here is a topic that outlines the process of upgrading.

http://emc.extremenetworks.com/content/oneview/docs/network/docs/l_ov_ht_firmware.htm

In the Upgrade Firmware window, the Schedule Upgrade checkbox indicates if a scheduled upgrade is pending. You can use this field to reschedule the job.

Thanks,

John
Userlevel 1
The upgrading proccess is clear to me but I dont see the pending upgrade in the Upgrade Firmware window, if someone can provide a screenshot I would appreciate it.

I wish that all the scheduled upgrades could be managed from the scheduled task in the administration tab, not device by device....

Thanks.
Userlevel 3
Hello,

This is scheduled to be added to a future version of Extreme Management Center (version not yet scheduled).
Hi there, I just wanted to bump this thread to show interest. It would be very helpful to me if I could manage my scheduled firmware upgrades. Any idea on when this feature will be available?

Thanks.
Userlevel 6
Chris Skelton wrote:

Hi there, I just wanted to bump this thread to show interest. It would be very helpful to me if I could manage my scheduled firmware upgrades. Any idea on when this feature will be available?

Thanks.

Same issue to me - customer scheduled all Edge Switches - at first switch he recognize that some issues occurs after firmware upgarde - wants to cancel all avaliable schedules ... but no way!
Chris Skelton wrote:

Thanks.

It will definitely be helpful when this option becomes available. 
Userlevel 5
Chris Skelton wrote:

Thanks.

I need the ability to change and delete scheduled updates, too.
Userlevel 6
Knowledge Base knows a way:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-delete-a-scheduled-firmware-upgrade...
This is a tip, thanks for sharing.

Still the ability should be rolled into the GUI. I strongly encourage customers to use the CLI for switch configuration, but NetSight is all about the GUI so all features should be available in the GUI.