Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks

How to manage firmware upgrade scheduled jobs in EMC?

Userlevel 1
I want to know if the scheduled firmware upgrades can be managed somehow. It would be practical to cancel, reschedule or simply get a list of jobs pending.

12 replies

Userlevel 6
This is a tip, thanks for sharing.

Still the ability should be rolled into the GUI. I strongly encourage customers to use the CLI for switch configuration, but NetSight is all about the GUI so all features should be available in the GUI.
Hi there, I just wanted to bump this thread to show interest. It would be very helpful to me if I could manage my scheduled firmware upgrades. Any idea on when this feature will be available?

Thanks.
Userlevel 6
Knowledge Base knows a way:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-delete-a-scheduled-firmware-upgrade...
Userlevel 6
Hi there, I just wanted to bump this thread to show interest. It would be very helpful to me if I could manage my scheduled firmware upgrades. Any idea on when this feature will be available?

Thanks.
Same issue to me - customer scheduled all Edge Switches - at first switch he recognize that some issues occurs after firmware upgarde - wants to cancel all avaliable schedules ... but no way!
Userlevel 6

Thanks.
It will definitely be helpful when this option becomes available. 
Userlevel 5

Thanks.
I need the ability to change and delete scheduled updates, too.
Userlevel 3
Hi,

Here is a topic that outlines the process of upgrading.

http://emc.extremenetworks.com/content/oneview/docs/network/docs/l_ov_ht_firmware.htm

In the Upgrade Firmware window, the Schedule Upgrade checkbox indicates if a scheduled upgrade is pending. You can use this field to reschedule the job.

Thanks,

John
Userlevel 5
Have recently come across this requirement too, so adding my comments to the request. Thanks
We would also like to be able to see these scheduled upgrades.

Do you know what release version can we expect to see this? @Bob Maheu @John Moore
Userlevel 1
The upgrading proccess is clear to me but I dont see the pending upgrade in the Upgrade Firmware window, if someone can provide a screenshot I would appreciate it.

I wish that all the scheduled upgrades could be managed from the scheduled task in the administration tab, not device by device....

Thanks.
Userlevel 3
Hello,

This is scheduled to be added to a future version of Extreme Management Center (version not yet scheduled).
Hello,

This is scheduled to be added to a future version of Extreme Management Center (version not yet scheduled).

Please inform us about roadmap. I have at least 5 Cu's in the netherlands who like to use this feature. I will reach out to our Extreme contacts to prioritize.