Netsight Atlas Console
Multiple methods of querying the Matrix DFE Fault Log are described in 5101.
This article discusses the use of a combination of a DFE cli session and a NetSight Atlas Flexview query.
Note! Though Fault Log data gathered via Flexview is better than having no diagnostic data at all, it can take much longer to analyze and is not the retrieval method preferred by the engineering department. Please consider the ATG Tools extraction method as described in 5101, or the use of the 'show support' command, to be the favored methods of retrieving the Fault Log for diagnostic purposes.
For issues reported to Enterasys Networks, please provide both the slot/hardware summary and error log message portions of the Fault Log, as explained below.
To produce the slot/hardware summary portion of an ATG Tools-based Fault Log, capture the output of a "show system hardware" query from a cli session.
To produce the error log message portion of an ATG Tools-based Fault Log, use the following steps in NetSight Atlas:
- In the main view ("Properties" tab), select the DFE system to be queried.
- Click the "Diagnostic Messages" FlexView tab. If this tab is missing:[list]
- Click any FlexView tab. If only the non-FlexView "Properties", "Map", "VLAN", and "Compass" tabs are present:[list]
- From the "Tools" dropdown menu, select "FlexView / Add FlexView Tab", then click on the newly re-added "Interface Summary" FlexView tab.
- Under the "Properties tab, click the FlexView icon.
- Select "Open...".
- Double-click the "C-Series & N-Series" folder.
- Select the "Diagnostic Messages.tpl" file.
- Click the "Open" button.
- From the "Tools" dropdown menu, select "FlexView / Export FlexView to File".
- Browse to the desired output directory.
- Type the desired output file name (without the .xxx extension).
- Select a file format, .htm (HTML) or .csv (Microsoft Excel comma-separated variables). It is simplest to use the .htm default.
- Click the "Save" button.