Is it possible to add new device types in OneView?

Userlevel 4
Is it possible to add new device types in OneView? I have some HP 1910 in my network a like

to see it as a known device

16 replies

Userlevel 6
Yes you can. Some hints are at GitHub: https://github.com/extremenetworks/Netsight-Report-Views/blob/master/DeviceView/Aruba-HP/README.md
Userlevel 4
Where do I have to put the MIB files ?

At the window server there is a file called myDeviceTypes.properties. This has to be edit for new device.

I'm working now with an appliance. Where can I find this file? Is it still there?
Userlevel 5
Hello Johan,

the myDeviceType.properties should be located here:
/usr/local/Extreme_Networks/NetSight/appdata/System/deviceTypes[/code]
You will find more details here:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Netsight-Resolving-an-Unknown-Device-Sho...
Userlevel 4
unfortunately it doesn't work.

I have created a file myDevicesTypes.properties and added according the info from OneView:

1.3.6.1.4.1.25506.11.1.135=enterprises.25506.11.1.135
enterprises.25506.11.1.135=1.3.6.1.4.1.25506.11.1.135
enterprises.25506.11.1.135.family=hh3c
enterprises.25506.11.1.135.name=hh3c
enterprises.25506.11.1.135.treeicon=3
enterprises.25506.11.1.135.mapicon=hp.gif

Userlevel 5
Hmm,

I see the same behavior in my LAB. Maybe there is still a problem with the change from version 7 to 8. Here is a KB article:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Device-are-unknown-after-upgrading-to-Ex...

Mentioned a problem. But the article is one year old.
Userlevel 6
In version 8 you should use Vendor Profile feature instead of myDeviceType.properties.
Userlevel 5
Hello Pala,

but Vendor Profile is a beta feature in 8.1.3.65 isn't it?

Best regards
Stephan
Userlevel 5
Beta but work 😉.
Userlevel 6
There are two parts of Vendor Profiles. Administration -> Vendor profile = this is beta feature where you can do a lot of customization. What you need is not a beta feature = device -> edit device -> vendor profile. This menu is limited and is not beta. Glad it works for you 🙂 Good luck.
Userlevel 4
I read in the releas notes:

Configure Device Window Enhancements

The Configure Device (formerly Edit Device) window now includes the following

enhancements:

The Vendor Profile tab allows you to add, configure, and edit device vendor

information via Extreme Management Center.

But I cann't find this tab 😞
Userlevel 5
Hello Johan,

as Pala wrote there are two ways to change Vendor Profiles. The full access is Beta and you have to enable the "Beta Feature".

But there is a easier way to add only a new device.

Go to:

"Devices->right mouse button to the device->Device->Configure Device...->Select "New Vendor Profile"

Best regards
Stephan
Userlevel 4
SH wrote:

Hello Johan,

as Pala wrote there are two ways to change Vendor Profiles. The full access is Beta and you have to enable the "Beta Feature".

Go to:

"Devices->right mouse button to the device->Device->Configure Device...->Select "New Vendor Profile"

Best regards
Stephan

I don't have that option

Userlevel 5
SH wrote:

Hello Johan,

Go to:

Best regards
Stephan

Are you using version 8.1.3.65 of XMC?
Userlevel 5
SH wrote:

Hello Johan,

Go to:

Best regards
Stephan

I have an additional tap right to Ports called "New Vendor Profile"
Userlevel 4
SH wrote:

Hello Johan,

Go to:

Best regards
Stephan

Yes I am using 8.1.3.65 of XMC.

I found out that when I point the unkown device I can configure a New Vendor Profile
Userlevel 4
SH wrote:

Hello Johan,

Go to:

Best regards
Stephan

New Vendor Profile is created 😉