Question

Legacy compass reports device search but oneview compass does not?

Userlevel 2
Hi All,

As the description says, if I search for an IP it will report the location and switch ports in compass from within the legacy console however if I do it from EMC(Oneview) it fails to report anything?

Why would this be?

Ian

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Hello all.

I see the same behavior in my environment. EMC 8.0.2.42.

Some devices show results, some doesn´t.

The legacy JAVA GUI is working fine and show results for all devices.

In addition, it is not possible to delete "node/alias" entries in the OneView web gui.

regards

Alex
Userlevel 2
We're running 8.0.3.53 FYI
Userlevel 5
I am seeing the same behavior. I found that if I focus the search in Oneview to a specific device (or a small group of devices) I am able to find the IP address in a search.

Could this be that Oneview is crashing and halting on errors, but the Java console continues? I *always* get that message indicating that there were errors, because I have a lot of strange devices in my list (like Liebert UPS's). Of course, I don't get those messages if I focus on a switch group.

Can anyone else with the problem see if Oneview works, if you select the specific switch (or switch group) that contains that device?

I am running the latest and greatest Netsight, 8.0.3.53.
Userlevel 2
Steve Ballantyne wrote:

I am seeing the same behavior. I found that if I focus the search in Oneview to a specific device (or a small group of devices) I am able to find the IP address in a search.

Could this be that Oneview is crashing and halting on errors, but the Java console continues? I *always* get that message indicating that there were errors, because I have a lot of strange devices in my list (like Liebert UPS's). Of course, I don't get those messages if I focus on a switch group.

Can anyone else with the problem see if Oneview works, if you select the specific switch (or switch group) that contains that device?

I am running the latest and greatest Netsight, 8.0.3.53.

Hi Steve.

I see the behavior with only one device selected too.

regards

Alex
Userlevel 2
no official responses on this one then? Shall I get a GTAC ticket raised?
Userlevel 4
We are still running 7.0.9, but for as long as i can remember, we've always run into the device limit error when running compass searches from within oneview. I wonder if this is the same issue and they have just removed the error message in 8.x....

Userlevel 7
Joshua Puusep wrote:

We are still running 7.0.9, but for as long as i can remember, we've always run into the device limit error when running compass searches from within oneview. I wonder if this is the same issue and they have just removed the error message in 8.x....

What license is installed - could it be that it's only for 100 devices ?
Userlevel 4
Joshua Puusep wrote:

we have a 250 bundle
Userlevel 2
Joshua Puusep wrote:

same here, 250 bundle, have the ADV license.