Netsight 6.3 release date ?

Userlevel 7
Hi,

could you please share the release date for Netsight 6.3 ?

2nd question - the v9.21 IdentiFi release notes list 6.3 as the only supported software version - is this information correct ?

-Ron

83 replies

Userlevel 6
Ron, we cannot commit to any potential release date for 6.3. We can get you on a list for the early release of it if you wish.

I will see if I can get more data behind what 9.21 has for features that only 6.3 will support.
But it appears to be Netsight based data gathering capability enhancements, not critical to overall functionality.

But essential functionality from a 6.2 setup works fine in my lab.
Userlevel 7
Mike, thanks for the reply.

It would be great if you'd put me on the early release list.

Is "data gathering capability enhancements" the integration in Purview or does it work already in 6.2?

-Ron
Ron wrote:

Is "data gathering capability enhancements" the integration in Purview or does it work already in 6.2?

-Ron

At a guess it can only be configured on the wireless controller without 6.3, that's usually how the feature support works. 6.3 would then add centralised management of the new features. The other half would be configuring the Purview appliance to accept the Netflow and mirrorN data. Reading the 9.21 manual, only an L2 port is supported for mirrorN, which is an easy configuration for Purview.
Userlevel 4
Ron wrote:

-Ron

Hi Guys,

I don't think Purview integration will work until NS 6.3 is released...

I've configured, but Purview is "blind" until now (6.2).

I wuold be great if you can put me on the early release list too.

Thanks
Userlevel 6
Ron wrote:

-Ron

Leonardo, your added into the system, so when EA 6.3 is available, you will be able to see it. I will post when it is available.
James A, I will need your last name to search for you.
Ron is all set as well.
Userlevel 4
Ron wrote:

-Ron

Hi Mike, Thanks a lot! My PurView is now working as expected with IdentiFi 9.21! I'm very interested in the upcoming release... Let's wait for the EA... Best regards, -Leo
Ron wrote:

-Ron

Hi Mike, my last name is Andrewartha, but don't worry too much as I'm about to go on leave for a few weeks anyway.

Thanks,
Userlevel 6
I can't officially (legally) discuss unreleased feature sets or dates. I will consider this thread an unofficial 6.3 Early Release sign up sheet. As long as your visible with an extranet account, we can port you over to that list when the Early release date has begun.
Hi, is it possible to take me on this list, too?
Me and my Teammate are very interested in this new Version.

Thank you and regards!
Userlevel 6
Dennis K wrote:

Thank you and regards!

Yes Dennis K, when the early release is available, I will post it to this thread, and try to get everyone access to it.
Dennis K wrote:

Thank you and regards!

Thank you very much.
Userlevel 6
Dennis K wrote:

Thank you and regards!

Dennis, if you reveal you last name, I can look you up on the extranet account, so I can then change your rights to download an early release. If your teammate has a extranet account I need his name too.
Dennis K wrote:

Thank you and regards!

Hello Mike, of course!

Full Name: Dennis Kolpatzki

Thank you!

My Teammate has an Extranet Account but i dont want to publish his Name without his permission. If you grant me the Access, its totally ok!
Userlevel 2
Hi, is it possible to take me on the list. I have many customers to develop purview with Identifi

thanks
Userlevel 6
I've put most on the list.
The Early Release Access is now available to download if you go to your extranet account.
https://extranet.extremenetworks.com/downloads/Pages/NMS.aspx

Userlevel 2
Mike Thomas wrote:

The Early Release Access is now available to download if you go to your extranet account.

HI, its possible release this version to me?
Mike Thomas wrote:

Hi Mike, can you add me to this early access. Thank you
Userlevel 7
Thanks Mike,
download is working and really fast too 🙂
Userlevel 6
Ron wrote:

Thanks Mike,

Hey Ron,

How much faster than what you've seen in the past? Sounds like the new CDN is working well. That was our hope, but until you see an unsolicited feedback...guess you never know.
Userlevel 7
Ron wrote:

Thanks Mike,

Hi Ryan,

I think it was 5minutes for the 850MByte Purview file and about 20minutes for the 2GByte Netsight update.

So it was.... I think it helps if you've 100Mb cable access@home.
Userlevel 6
Ron wrote:

Thanks Mike,

lol...yes that helps. Thanks for the feedback Ron.

We'll stay after it!
Userlevel 2
I don't see it.
Userlevel 6
It's only up for people who have signed up for the EA release. I added your account to it CRAYMOND, so you should now see it.
Userlevel 2
Mike Thomas wrote:

It's only up for people who have signed up for the EA release. I added your account to it CRAYMOND, so you should now see it.

I don´t see, please add my account to download
Userlevel 2
Thank's Mike!