Netsight Map view

Hi Guys,i have created a new map in netsight with Juniper MX 104 and Extreme Networks Switche.I have now the problem that I have no automatic links on my map, llpd protocoll is on.An another Problem is that I can not change the interface on my map from the router from access to interswitch.
I am find nothing in the Internet about.....
Who can help me

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Hello,

this post gives more informations according the automatic link creation.

https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/oneview-maps-building-links-between-non-extreme...

In addition if you have still problems a workaround can be to draw the links manually.

Best regards
Stephan
Hi,
thx for the answer.llpd works good and i see all information i need.

The problem is that i can see on the map only links witch configuration interswitch.In some of the connection are access and i can not change it on the map or on teh router......:-(
Userlevel 2
I also have this problem with non-extreme devices. The lldp neighbor information shows each other on both nodes but the links are not created between them. I have also imported the MIBs from the vendor into the 3rd party folder and this does not help. I have even tried manually creating the links and when the screen refreshes they disappear.

I was told it would be fixed in version 8.1 but I am running 8.1.2.59 and it's still not fixed.
Yes, this is what i do not like by Extreme...
I have no idea what i can do yet....When i want to creat a limk i must configure this link auf interswitch.This is unfeasibly...
Point one.i must unlook 0ne port on my router, only port to create a new link

Pont 2.I must unconfigure the port to interswitch to se the link in my map

How can io do it......
Good Morning boys and girls.
i can´t believe that nowbody can help me.
I think this is a great problem of the management software from extreme and it´s incredible that
nowbody fixthis bug.

My Question again.

How can i change the link-mode between the nodes on my maps to type Interswitch?Only this types will displayed on the map:
THOMAS
Userlevel 5
dr.watson wrote:

I think this is a great problem of the management software from extreme and it´s incredible that
nowbody fixthis bug.

My Question again.

How can i change the link-mode between the nodes on my maps to type Interswitch?Only this types will displayed on the map:
THOMAS

Hello Thomas,

I can not confirm the behavior, you told, with my installation. I can create links with interswitch and access ports with different third party devices

Best regards
Stephan
Userlevel 5
dr.watson wrote:

nowbody fixthis bug.

My Question again.

THOMAS

I am using version 8.1.3.65 and the links are printed in the maps.
dr.watson wrote:

nowbody fixthis bug.

My Question again.

THOMAS

Ok,
I am using version 8.1.2.59.
Hi,
THX for the great hint to help me.After upgrading to the new version of Netsight the maps work perfekt.
Thank you for the hint..
Thomas