Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks

NMS-ADV and EAC/Application Analytics virtual instances limit

Userlevel 4
Hello,

what is the actual limit of EAC virtual instances and Application Analytics virtual instances that can be installed after buying single NMS-ADV license?

Kind regards,
Tomasz

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi Tomasz,
Are you asking the maximum number of appliances? One Extreme Management Center server currently supports up to six appliances.
Userlevel 4
Mike Thomas wrote:

Hi Tomasz,
Are you asking the maximum number of appliances? One Extreme Management Center server currently supports up to six appliances.

Hi Mike,

to be more clear - when one buys NMS-ADV-XX, he's entitled to install virtual NACs and virtual Application Analytics engines, right?
But how big this entitlement is - limited to 1 Application Analytics engine or not?
The customer would like to add some distant building to his Extreme Management Center with EAC and Application Analytics coverage as well.

Kind regards,
Tomasz
Userlevel 6
Mike Thomas wrote:

Hi Tomasz,

Hello,

The NMS-ADV license allows you to spin up as many EAC appliances as you'd like. The NetSight limitation for EAC appliances per Extreme Management Center server is 35. The NetSight supports 6 for Analytics appliances.

Editted for correct termonology of product.

Thanks
-Ryan
Userlevel 4
Mike Thomas wrote:

Hi Tomasz,

Hi,

Ok, as many EAC appliances as one'd like (w.r.t. EMC management limit). Does this also apply to Application Analytics appliances? I couldn't spot this in the docs.

Regards,
Tomasz
Userlevel 6
Mike Thomas wrote:

Hi Tomasz,

The current maximum is 6 Analytics appliances, and 3M flows total for the total Extreme Management Center (Netsight) system.

see also
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/How-many-Purview-appliances-can-I-add-in-my-N...
Userlevel 4
Mike Thomas wrote:

Hi Tomasz,

Ok, thank you. I might have introduced too much noise here maybe because of my English. So I can tell the VAR he can just deploy another virtual appliance with no additional cost.

Many thanks,
Tomasz
Userlevel 6
Mike Thomas wrote:

Hi Tomasz,

Correct, on both appliances, they are limited by the licenses generally applied to the EMC or Netsight Server, not the appliances themselves.
There are some exceptions, but generally the model follows this. They should be using the EMC server license, and the EMC server should have end station and flow count licenses applied to them.
Userlevel 6
Mike Thomas wrote:

Hi Tomasz,

The current limit for the Analytics engines is six. There has not been a lot of requests for more appliances. There is also a limit to the maximum number of flows a EMC server can handle. That is 3M flows.