Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks

No Wireless Controller visible when adding Wireless Controller flow sources to Purview in NetSight OneView

Userlevel 1
Hi All ! I am having problem adding wireless controller to purview, using as a source following article: https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-configure-Identifi-Wireless-Controller-to-send-data-to-Purview. The thing is that I have no Wireless Controller on the list when trying to add Wireless Controller flow sources. The drop-down list is empty. Of course, I have EWC visible in my NetSigth/OneView device list. NetSight and Purview is 6.3.0.142, EWC is 9.21.02.0014. Anyone can help ? REGARDS Robert

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi Robert,

Please let us know where you stuck from KB article step an what is the error message.

Thanks,
Suresh.B
Userlevel 1
I am stuck on point 2 ot the "How to.. " article:
Userlevel 1
No error message: just empty drop-down list (no EWC's ip listed on "Add Wireless Controller flow sources" window).
Userlevel 1
Any suggestions ?
Userlevel 6
Are you modeling with SNMPv1 or v3? Maybe the profile is set incorrectly to make contact?
Userlevel 1
I am using SNMPv3. I tried to setup different versions, but I am able to connect only using v3 (as expected). I was able to walk through PurView MIB database using MIB Tools, so the snmp version is not the issue.
Userlevel 6
I would open a case with the GTAC to troubleshoot further.
Userlevel 1
I just upgraded Java to the latest version - no change. PV and EWC are using the same snmp creds.
Userlevel 1
How to contact GTAC to register new case? Note that this is not urgent matter as I am using it in my lab environment and no customer is hurt at the moment 🙂 I have a partner account on extranet.extremenetworks.com.
Userlevel 6
Here you go, How to contact Extreme GTAC
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-contact-Extreme-Networks-Global-Technical-Assistance-Center-GTAC
Userlevel 1
The reason was wrong CLI profile assigned to EWC (although SNMP profile was correct) - now I am able to add EWC as a flow source. Thank you, guys !
Userlevel 6
Robert Zdziebło wrote:

The reason was wrong CLI profile assigned to EWC (although SNMP profile was correct) - now I am able to add EWC as a flow source. Thank you, guys !

Thanks for letting the Community know what the fix was Robert. Good stuff!