Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks

stack grayed out in inventory manager using firmware manangement

Userlevel 4
I want to do a firmware upgrade using inventory management. The stack is gray out. An other stack I can do an upgrade. Both stacks are simular (same modules and same firmware.)

Why is the stack gray out ?

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Sometimes it helps to rediscover the switch = netsight console -> choose the device -> rightclick -> refresh (rediscover) From my understanding the swith was not reachable during the discovery and the device type is not fully propagated through the Netsight. Good luck
Userlevel 4
Pala, Zdenek wrote:

Sometimes it helps to rediscover the switch = netsight console -> choose the device -> rightclick -> refresh (rediscover) From my understanding the swith was not reachable during the discovery and the device type is not fully propagated through the Netsight. Good luck

The switch is (was) reachable
Userlevel 6
Pala, Zdenek wrote:

Did the rediscover helped or not?
Userlevel 4
Pala, Zdenek wrote:

sorry, no it didn't help
Userlevel 4
This is probably an SNMP Polling thing.
See "Netsight: All devices grayed out in the firmware upgrade wizard" in GTAC Knowledge.
Userlevel 4
Paul Poyant wrote:

See "Netsight: All devices grayed out in the firmware upgrade wizard" in GTAC Knowledge.

Paul, not all my devices are grayed out.
Userlevel 4
Paul Poyant wrote:

I believe a key point of that article is that SNMP Polling is device-specific - so that it could be enabled on one device and disabled on a different (and grayed out) device.