XMC 8.2 Release Date

Userlevel 5
Hi Community

So do we have a set date for the official release for XMC 8.2?

I am aware that the Beta testing was running with a few clients, and that the XMC 8.2 Beta documentation was available on the partner portal, but I see subsequently the Beta docs have been removed.

Thx

17 replies

Userlevel 6
I believe this is the version I was told I needed to integrate ECA as well.
Userlevel 7
I believe this is the version I was told I needed to integrate ECA as well.What kind of integration?
I run 8.1.4.40 and I'd see my ECA in the wireless tab.
Userlevel 6
I believe this is the version I was told I needed to integrate ECA as well.I was about to upgrade to that version and out SE said ECA was not integrated till 8.2 so I decided to wait.

If you see ECA I will do the upgrade and check it out.
Userlevel 7
I believe this is the version I was told I needed to integrate ECA as well.I haven't tried any special setup yet just the SNMP connection with stats enabled and it looks OK.

XMC 8.2 is currently expected to GA late November
Userlevel 2
So, we are at the end of November. Any update on 8.2 release date?
Userlevel 4
Hi Guys,

Any news about the release of XMC 8.2?
Userlevel 6
GTAC is saying "another few weeks" in a case I have that would be solved by upgrading to 8.2.
Userlevel 7
FYI, 8.2 is available to download since yesterday 👍
Userlevel 6
I noticed this today, going to upgrade tonight.
Userlevel 7
Don't forget to request a new license first as you'd need a new one for 8.2 > you've 90day grace period.

I've upgraded my test system and the weird one was that my NAC 12k license was lost so I needed to add that one again (XMC was in grace period).
Userlevel 6
Good catch, and sigh, my NMS-ADV-50 that was upgraded from NMS-50 strikes again.
Userlevel 5
Those are extremely good news!
Userlevel 5
Just finished reading... Is anybody into memes here?

P.S. Nope, no way to make it perfect, everybody loves different improvements. 😉 But configuration evaluation tool in the GUI is the thing!
Userlevel 6
Well, the upgrade was an abject failure, after reboot it had no network and I couldn't even log in as root on the console or get grub up to boot single user. At least I had the presence of mind to take a snapshot beforehand.
Userlevel 7
Well, the upgrade was an abject failure, after reboot it had no network and I couldn't even log in as root on the console or get grub up to boot single user. At least I had the presence of mind to take a snapshot beforehand.
I see you've got a ticket opened for this (and a licensing issue). Please let us know what you find out.
Userlevel 6
I have a feeling it was related to running out of disk space during the upgrade, since I upgraded to 8.2.4.55 this time and it warned me there wasn't enough free space. After deleting a few backups it installed fine.

And yep, configuration evaluation means I might be able to give up the Java client entirely! I also noticed some extra end-system events related to authentication which is nice.