XMC 8.2 Release Date

Userlevel 5
Hi Community

So do we have a set date for the official release for XMC 8.2?

I am aware that the Beta testing was running with a few clients, and that the XMC 8.2 Beta documentation was available on the partner portal, but I see subsequently the Beta docs have been removed.

Thx

16 replies

Userlevel 6
I believe this is the version I was told I needed to integrate ECA as well.
Userlevel 7
David Coglianese wrote:

What kind of integration?
I run 8.1.4.40 and I'd see my ECA in the wireless tab.
Userlevel 6
David Coglianese wrote:

I was about to upgrade to that version and out SE said ECA was not integrated till 8.2 so I decided to wait.

If you see ECA I will do the upgrade and check it out.
Userlevel 7
David Coglianese wrote:

I haven't tried any special setup yet just the SNMP connection with stats enabled and it looks OK.

XMC 8.2 is currently expected to GA late November
Userlevel 2
So, we are at the end of November. Any update on 8.2 release date?
Userlevel 4
Hi Guys,

Any news about the release of XMC 8.2?
Userlevel 6
GTAC is saying "another few weeks" in a case I have that would be solved by upgrading to 8.2.
Userlevel 7
FYI, 8.2 is available to download since yesterday 👍
Userlevel 6
I noticed this today, going to upgrade tonight.
Userlevel 7
Don't forget to request a new license first as you'd need a new one for 8.2 > you've 90day grace period.

I've upgraded my test system and the weird one was that my NAC 12k license was lost so I needed to add that one again (XMC was in grace period).
Userlevel 6
Good catch, and sigh, my NMS-ADV-50 that was upgraded from NMS-50 strikes again.
Userlevel 5
Those are extremely good news!
Userlevel 5
Just finished reading... Is anybody into memes here?

P.S. Nope, no way to make it perfect, everybody loves different improvements. 😉 But configuration evaluation tool in the GUI is the thing!
Userlevel 6
Well, the upgrade was an abject failure, after reboot it had no network and I couldn't even log in as root on the console or get grub up to boot single user. At least I had the presence of mind to take a snapshot beforehand.
Userlevel 7
James A wrote:

Well, the upgrade was an abject failure, after reboot it had no network and I couldn't even log in as root on the console or get grub up to boot single user. At least I had the presence of mind to take a snapshot beforehand.

I see you've got a ticket opened for this (and a licensing issue). Please let us know what you find out.