Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks
Solved

XMC archive error switch has been removed

• 30 August 2019
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi all,

We have removed some switches from the Devices Tab on XMC, yet under Archives some switches are reported as File not found/Missing.

I cant understand why it would report the backup failing if the switch no longer exists and not anywhere in XMC.

Do I need to remove them manually from somewhere?

icon

Best answer by Zdenek Pala 9 September 2019, 10:19

Hi Stephanos.

change something in the setting (e.g. uncheck and check again) and then the save button is available for you.
View original

10 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi Stephanos,

You can try the below:

From the Right -hand menu select "Attributes" under Details and check for the patch where that particular file is stored. Take a note of that path and delete it by logging in to XMC using SSH.

DILRAJ
Userlevel 2
Hi Dilraj,

There is no information there to suggest where the file is stored.

Im not sure you understand the issue. XMC is reporting a failed archive, but the device no longer exists in XMC as I deleted it from my list of devices.
Userlevel 7
Uncheck the device in your archive:

Userlevel 2
Hi,

Thank you but I dont have /world path and even if i create a path and add every device available in XMC, it doesn't show up in the list so it cant be removed.
Userlevel 2
the switch for example with ip 192.168.103.27 is no longer in that list so cannot remove it.

Userlevel 7
Hi.
I see your issue and I was able to replicate it in 8.3.1.9

following worked for me: save the archive. in my case the number of devices updated from 19 to 18 and the issue is gone.

I hope it helps you.
Userlevel 2
Thank you Zdenek however the SAVE button is greyed out for some reason:

Userlevel 2

Userlevel 7
Hi Stephanos.

change something in the setting (e.g. uncheck and check again) and then the save button is available for you.
Userlevel 2
that seems to have updated the the number of devices column, thanks!