Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks

Unable to create vlan interface

I try to create a new vlan and assing a IP but when add the IP Address to vlan I had a message:
"Could not Create Vlan Interface".

>set vlan create 101
>set vlan name "example"
>router
>>enable
>>>configure
>>>interface vlan 101
>>>"Could not Create Vlan Interface."

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Hello Alan,

Please refer to the GTAC knowledge article below:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-Configure-VLAN-on-EOS-Switches
Userlevel 3
What is the switch model? You may be hitting the maximum number of routed interfaces, so check the release notes for your switch model and firmware version. Our C3/G3/B5 switches have a maximum of 24 routed interfaces, where our C5 has 48 maximum routed interfaces.
Careno, Ryan wrote:

What is the switch model? You may be hitting the maximum number of routed interfaces, so check the release notes for your switch model and firmware version. Our C3/G3/B5 switches have a maximum of 24 routed interfaces, where our C5 has 48 maximum routed interfaces.

Thanks Ryan for your answer.

It is correct, reviewing the configuration I have 24 virtual interfaces.
The model of the switch is B5K125-48P2

I will look for information about it to present to my superiors, thank you very much for your help.
Userlevel 3
Careno, Ryan wrote:

Anytime, not a problem.
Userlevel 3
Careno, Ryan wrote:

To follow up, I have created the following Knowledge Article for this error:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/B-C-G-Series-attempt-to-create-L3-Interf...