V2 (V2H124-24) password recovery

I lost the admin passwords of two matrix V2 (V2H124-24).

the MACs are: 00-01-F4-45-1A-C0 and 00-01-F4-44-FE-60

How can I do password recovery?

7 replies

Userlevel 4
I believe GTAC had to generate a backdoor password for it but the switch is no longer supported.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-execute-a-Password-Recovery-on-the-...
user tiger
password tiger123
Userlevel 4
Osman Uyar wrote:

user tiger
password tiger123

was this the BIOS password? We have some VHs in storage we need to wipe before sending to surplus
Userlevel 7
Osman Uyar wrote:

user tiger
password tiger123

Do you know how to enter a BIOS or boot ROM or similar on the V2 switches?
tiger/tiger123 does´nt work (I remember it works on the VH-series)

any other ideas?
Userlevel 7
Hi,

there is a GTAC Knowledge article describing the procedure mentioned by Curtis: Password Recovery for the Matrix V2. But as I understand it, GTAC no longer provides the backdoor password, see How to recover password on a Matrix V2. 😞

Is it possible to access the boot ROM, and boot to factory defaults from there?

How about Extreme publishes how to compute the backdoor password for these old, out-of-service switches, to enable the owners to help themselves? The GTAC Knowledge site would be a good place for this.

Edit: Sadly, the Matrix V2 switches we once had have been thrown away, so I cannot try anything out.

Thanks,
Erik
Hi,

we don´t know how we can access to the Boot-ROM.

login with admin/password does´nt work - but we can login with guest/guest - but if we will "configure" the switch ask for password.

any ideas for password recovery / backdoor password?
Hi,

we don ́t know how we can access to the Boot-ROM.

login with admin/password does ́nt work - but we can login with guest/guest - but if we will "configure" the switch ask for password.

any ideas for password recovery / backdoor password?