Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks

Where to download legacy firmware (EOS)?

Userlevel 2
Dear all.

On and off I need specific legacy firmware versions for Enterasys devices running EOS. C-Series, B-Series, etc.
Since we have a new portal, I do not find all the old versions for all legacy EOS products.

Some are there, but not all.

For example C2/3 and B2/3 are missing.

Where to download firmware for these models?

thanks and best regards
Alexander

42 replies

I have copies of some old firmwares, do you need a particular version?
James A wrote:

Hello James,

I would also need an old firmware.
I am looking for the latest firmware for the AP-5131.

Do you have this firmware?

Thanks

Markus
James A wrote:

Sorry, I only have old switch firmware.
James A wrote:

Okay. Thanks
James A wrote:

I do you have last firmware to B3 switch ?
James A wrote:

James, do you have anything 6.51+ for the C3 series?
James A wrote:

do you happen to have Motorola RFS6010 wireless controller firmware???
James A wrote:

Hi, I'd need the latest version for a B3G124-48P and any necessary intermediate updates. Thank you!
James A wrote:

Hello good day
If possible the switch of the school where I work corrupted the software and we need a lot of fimware to recover it. I urge you if you can send us the fimware. Our switch is a2h124-24.
My e-mail: fernando.lira@ifpr.edu.br
Sincerely, Fernando Silva lira
Userlevel 7
We're working on adding these older/legacy products to the portal so that the software is easier to find.
If there's a particular version you need right away, please contact GTAC.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Userlevel 2
Drew C. wrote:

We're working on adding these older/legacy products to the portal so that the software is easier to find.

That is nice! Thanks. Waiting for your upload 🙂
Drew C. wrote:

Is there any particular requirement to get these like Cisco has a service contract setup that gives you an entitlement to IOS for a particular device? I am just a home user that is interested in learning about this stuff. I just bought a C2G124-24 off eBay.
Drew C. wrote:

Same issue here - I'm merely the admin of my home network and recently got four stackable B3G124-24 to play around with at home and would like to upgrade from 6.61.08.0013...
Userlevel 2
Can't seem to find the download section for the legacy firmware yet, it is still a work in progress? Thanks.
Userlevel 2
Same here. Where can I download the C3 firmware?

-Rich P.
Userlevel 2
Rich Pacheco wrote:

-Rich P.

Good luck. Please let me know if you find a source. I opened a case an the GTAC engineer wasn't able to help, he didn't have access to the firmware anymore.
Rich Pacheco wrote:

-Rich P.

Well this sucks...
Hi Drew, Any progress on the old firmware portal? I would love to upgrade my C2G124-24.

Cheers,

Matt.
Userlevel 7
Matt wrote:

Hi Drew, Any progress on the old firmware portal? I would love to upgrade my C2G124-24.

Cheers,

Matt.

Matt, I don't see any of the C2 or C3 software on the portal... at least not by searching based on filename prefixes.
I'll need to find out what I'm able to do here since I found some of the software internally.
Matt wrote:

Cheers,

Matt.

Thanks Drew. My current FW on the switch is:

C2G124(su)->show ver

Model Serial # Versions
-------------- ----------------- -------------------

C2G124-24 04440141900N Hw:BCM5695 REV 17
Bp:01.00.46
Fw:05.02.01.0006
BuFw:04.00.31
+1 on Enterasys C3 firmwares. I have 2 C3 switches, one on 06.03 and the other on 06.61 and I can't stack them because of this. Would love to upgrade the older one to 06.61 but I can't extract the firmware from the newer switch. Can't open a support case either, gives me some weird error. Help?
Userlevel 2
Hi Dantecl,

If you stack the C3's, I believe you should be able to copy the code from one to the other using the follwoing command.

set switch copy-fw destination-system [u]

and then reset [u]

Good luck,
-Rich P.
Rich Pacheco wrote:

Hi Dantecl,

If you stack the C3's, I believe you should be able to copy the code from one to the other using the follwoing command.

and then reset [u]

Good luck,
-Rich P.

Rich,

Pre-6.42 FW will not stack with 6.61, thus can't copy the FW that way. Luckily the one with 6.61 had 6.42 as a backup firmware, booted that, stacked and upgraded the 6.03, then upgraded it again to 6.61.

Was 06.61.11.0006 the latest firmware released for C3 or is there something newer out there?
Userlevel 2
Rich Pacheco wrote:

Hi Dantecl,

and then reset [u]

Good luck,
-Rich P.

Glad you got it working. 06.61.11.0002 is the latest C3 firmware I have deployed..
Drew, I think you may have started something here...