command FLapping

which a command can show a flapping in extreme switch ?

6 replies

If you're talking about a port. Sho port #:## info detail Just above the vlans it shows link UPS and link downs
David Coglianese wrote:

If you're talking about a port. Sho port #:## info detail Just above the vlans it shows link UPS and link downs

thank your replay. but can you plz give some example ? where i can see the Flapping
Userlevel 5
David Coglianese wrote:

Munir,

I have attached a snapshot for your reference, the one which i have encircled.

[i]In addition to it, check the "show logs" on the switch for checking the link flaps.
Userlevel 6
David Coglianese wrote:

Hi Munir, if you are using LAG you can also use the command show ports sharing em check the values for Link Up Transitions as follows:

David Coglianese wrote:

great full, how i can following a flapping and fix it ? 
Userlevel 6
Hi Munir,

Flapping implies that the port is going up and down very quickly. The logs should show this with a time stamp. The commands provided above will also provide the last time it went down and came up along with a counter for how many times. This data is typically cleared after a reboot or if the command "clear counters" is entered.