Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks

Event log can't be displayed in the web view (EXOS 16)

Hello all. I manage Black Diamond switches running EXOS 16. Web view for some switches can not display event logs. I still can display event logs using the "show log" command . Can anybody provide support for this issue ?

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi Atangana,

Have just checked in 16.1.3.6 patch1-9. What is the exact firmware version that you use?
Did you try in different browser?

Regards,
Karthikeyan
Narayanan, Karthikeyan wrote:

Hi Atangana,

Have just checked in 16.1.3.6 patch1-9. What is the exact firmware version that you use?
Did you try in different browser?

Regards,
Karthikeyan

Thanks for your feedback.I tried in firefox 51.0.1 (32-bit) and IE 11.0.9600. Exact firmware : ExtremeXOS version 16.1.3.6 16.1.3.6-patch1-11.

See a screenshot of the webview below. It remains " loading".

BR,

Aristide ATANGANA NGA
Userlevel 6
Hi Atangana,, can you compare the CPU utilization from the CLI using the command "top" and see any differences when accessing the event log and when not ?
Hi Karthik,

I can print logs from the CLI with "logs" commands without any problem, that is fine for me. my concern is in with the web view. When trying to display event logs using the web view, it stays at "loading state". find below a screenshot of the CPU utilization when that "loading" state is displayed

As you will notice the CPU is not as much used. Only one PID really uses it.

BR
ATANGANA NGA Aristide wrote:

Hi Karthik,

I can print logs from the CLI with "logs" commands without any problem, that is fine for me. my concern is in with the web view. When trying to display event logs using the web view, it stays at "loading state". find below a screenshot of the CPU utilization when that "loading" state is displayed

As you will notice the CPU is not as much used. Only one PID really uses it.

BR

Anybody here ?
Userlevel 6
Hi Atangana, I could not find one matching issue in the database, i would suggest to open up a case with GTAC.
Thanks