Extreme equivalent of trunking

Show first post

43 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi. I am configuring an enterasys sw and I have a communication problem between computers. create a vlan 10 with ip 10.10.1.1 and mask 255.255.2355.0, the vlan I put it to two ports of the sw and I have 254 ip to make tests with computers, to 2 computers I put ip's of that segement, the test that I do it with a ping but it tells me that the host is unreachable. Could you please help me. Thank you
... and what's the output in the router mode/section for "show interface vlan 10"
Could it be that it's still shutdown ?

Hi. I am configuring an enterasys sw and I have a communication problem between computers. create a vlan 10 with ip 10.10.1.1 and mask 255.255.2355.0, the vlan I put it to two ports of the sw and I have 254 ip to make tests with computers, to 2 computers I put ip's of that segement, the test that I do it with a ping but it tells me that the host is unreachable. Could you please help me. Thank you

Userlevel 7

no, please do....

#router
#show interface vlan 10

Sorry, the ip segment is 10.33.1.1 of vlan 10
Userlevel 7

The operational status of VLAN interface 10 is down.

That happens normaly if no port with VLAN 10 configured is up = a device is connected.
So is there a client connected to port ge.1.2 or ge.1.3 (=configured for VLAN10 as per the screenshot above).

You'd check the port status with "show port ge.1.2-3"
Userlevel 7

The operational status of VLAN interface 10 is down.

That happens normaly if no port with VLAN 10 configured is up = a device is connected.
So is there a client connected to port ge.1.2 or ge.1.3 (=configured for VLAN10 as per the screenshot above).

You'd check the port status with "show port ge.1.2-3"

This is the test that is done for the communication between vlan's
Userlevel 7

sorry my fault it's "show port status ge.1.2-3" to see whether the port is admin/operational up

we'd need to bring the VLAN interface in operational state up or it will not work

Hi, I just told you that I could only do pihg between computations only, disable the computer's fireware and that's it. With this it must work without problem.
Userlevel 2
Hi Brian,

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/Understanding-EXOS-VLANS-and-tagged-and-un...

This article along with the links in that article should give you some background on how VLANs work with EXOS.
Hi, finally the sw enterasys connects to a sw core cisco, my questions are: Will I have to configure the trunk port of the enterasys differently? How can I change the administration vlan with ip from sw enterasys?
Userlevel 7

Hi, finally the sw enterasys connects to a sw core cisco, my questions are: Will I have to configure the trunk port of the enterasys differently? How can I change the administration vlan with ip from sw enterasys?
To set a switch mgmt IP/VLAN you'd use the following commands...

i.e. for IP 172.25.25.153/24 in VLAN#100

set ip address 172.25.25.153 mask 255.255.255.0 gateway 172.25.25.254
set host vlan 100
Userlevel 7

Will I have to configure the trunk port of the enterasys differently?
Not sure what you mean, a trunk is a trunk, but sure a Extreme/Enterasys uses different commands then a C.

i.e. Trunk with untagged VLAN#100 and tagged VLAN#200

C:

conf t
int gi1/0/24
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk native vlan 100
switchport trunk allowed vlan 100,200

EOS:
set port vlan ge.1.24 100 modify-egress
set vlan egress 200 ge.1.24 tagged

I thank you that you are solving my doubts about the sw enterasys. You can also ask about sw and router cisco or you have another page to ask about cisco?
Good afternoon! You can help me, I require a port in trunk mode for the Enterasys sw for a physical server. Note: Enable a port in the sw to communicate with a router and it is pulling without problems.