I'm happy to announce the availability of ExtremeXOS 22.3. Here are some exciting things about this new ExtremeXOS 22.3 release:
Enable New Revenue Opportunities for Partners and Resellers
- X690-48x High density switch that can act as leaf in 100Gb spine-leaf architecture with 48 SFP+ ports capable of 1/10Gb and 6 QSFP ports capable of 4x100Gb / 2x100Gb+4x40Gb speeds.
- X690-48t High density switch that can act as leaf in 100Gb spine-leaf architecture with 48 10GBaseT ports capable of 1/10Gb and 6 QSFP ports capable of 4x100Gb / 2x100Gb+4x40Gb speeds.
- QSFP28/SFP28 Optics New 25/100G DAC(2m,3m,5m), AOC (7m,10m,20m), and PSM Transceivers for X870 and X690.
Enhance Single Pane of Management & Policy
- ExtremeFabric v2.0 (Beta only) Fabric Solution that is scalable, resilient and easy-to-deploy. In this release, the fabric solution has been enhanced with features like IP Multicast via PIM-DM, VNI discovery via BGP, and full ZTP+ support.
- Policy Enhancements URL Redirect / Captive Portal Policy extension to redirect a client’s web browser to particular administrative web page. Can be used for authentication purposes (user login and password), payment (for example, at an airport hotspot), or use-policy enforcement (installing necessary software, agreeing to terms of service (ToS), etc.).
- Virtual Port Extenders v1.0 (VPEX) (Beta only) A standards based bridge port extension(IEEE 802.1br) that provides lower OPEX and operational simplicity without compromising on features by facilitating a single switch (controller bridge) to do the work of several low cost switches (port extenders).
- Multiprotocol Border Gateway Protocol for VXLAN BGP implementation carries VXLAN Network Identifier (VNI) and Local VXLAN Tunnel Endpoint (LTEP) combinations as MBGP routes using a proprietary afi/safi combination.
- ARP Suppression Reduces networks flooding caused by broadcast traffic from ARP requests by allowing Virtual Tunnel End Points (VTEPs) to proxy ARP requests and reply on behalf of the remote endpoint.
- Explicit Congestion Notification ECN allows end-to-end notification of network congestion without dropping packets.
- Digital Diagnostics MIB Entity MIB will provide access to object that will allow to identify physical system components, sensor values and status of transceivers.
- USB Support for ZTP Switch configuration can be copied at boot-up or while running from USB using Zero Touch Provisioning.
- CLI File Name completion CLI parser is enhanced to have tab completion mechanism to display or auto complete possible file name matches.
- CLI command aliasing Alias command allows to map a CLI command (limit 5500 characters) to a pre-set string
- EXOS Images Available for partners and customers on the Extreme Portal - https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrDownloadLanding
- EXOS Documentation User Guide: http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/exos_22.3/index.html Command Reference Guide: http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/exos_commands_22.3/index.html Release Notes: http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/release_notes/ExtremeXOS/22.3/ Datasheet: http://bit.ly/2gIJuWW