how can i connect my VM to securecrt or putty ?

Hi,

I want to connect my VM through securecrt or putty but i didn't get a direct way.could you help me please ?

thanks

12 replies

Hi,

What program are you using to emulate EXOS?

For example, if you are using VirtualBox you need IP connectivity between your PC and the VM. Then you can connect directly from your PC terminal.

Best Regards,
Zsolt
Zsolt wrote:

Hi,

For example, if you are using VirtualBox you need IP connectivity between your PC and the VM. Then you can connect directly from your PC terminal.

Best Regards,
Zsolt

but i want to know how to establish the connection between my PC and the VM ?
Userlevel 4
Zsolt wrote:

Hi,

Best Regards,
Zsolt

What hypervisor are you using?
Zsolt wrote:

Hi,

Best Regards,
Zsolt

i am using virtual box
Userlevel 6
Zsolt wrote:

Hi,

Best Regards,
Zsolt

Hi

What protocol are you using, ssh/telnet, are they enabled on the switch?

Can you ping the EXOS VM from the client PC?

-Gareth
Zsolt wrote:

Hi,

Best Regards,
Zsolt

yes i enabled telnet i set adapter to Wifi, assign port 1 and an ip adress to default vlan and it didn't work
Userlevel 6
Zsolt wrote:

Hi,

Best Regards,
Zsolt

Did you set the adapters in vbox to allow promiscous?

Zsolt wrote:

Hi,

Best Regards,
Zsolt

yes i used the installation guide
Userlevel 6
Zsolt wrote:

Hi,

Best Regards,
Zsolt

Can you share your EXOS config and a screenshot of your vbox nic config?
Userlevel 7
Zsolt wrote:

Hi,

Best Regards,
Zsolt

if you're using VirtualBox, I would recommend you to set Adapter 1 as "Host-only adapter" and use "VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter". Choose adapter type as "Intel PRO/1000 MT Desktop".

You need to have in VirtualBox, in File > Preferences > Network a Host-only Network defined.

Set the IP address of the Mgmt vlan in that network as well, and you should be able to telnet/ssh/scp... from any tool on your laptop.
Userlevel 4
Please see this: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uzgea2twufmnn6x/AADTXbeG-H_wEHpjOMFmmehNa?dl=0
Userlevel 4

Hope this helps.