How can I use chalet on a new switch?

• 15 September 2015
  • 35 replies

Show first post

35 replies

I have tried the management port and I have the IP address to connect to the chalet but I am not able to. I used the ethernet cable to the laptop but I cannot get to the chalet. I have the documentation open and have gone through it several times.I get the same link from 3 people which points to the same info so I just did what I was told. I wondered as well how the tftp server and the switch will see with them being on separate subnets.
Userlevel 7
Ruth, I've asked our GTAC team to contact you so that we can help guide you in the right direction with this. I anticipate someone being freed up soon to give you a call (based on contact info in our system). Hope this is okay 🙂
Fine that will be fine. Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Fine that will be fine. Thank you.Sounds like GTAC was able to work with you to get this all sorted out. Glad we could help!
Fine that will be fine. Thank you.Sorry I did not get back quickly, it has been resolved. Thanks. I have another dilemma though, I added a password to the chalet and now I cannot remember it. How do i change the password using the console.
Userlevel 7
Fine that will be fine. Thank you.Ruth, may I ask that you create a new topic here? In short, if you don't remember the admin password, you'll have to factory default.
This article describes recovery steps: How to Recover an EXOS-based Switch and its Configuration Without the Password
Fine that will be fine. Thank you.I was able to get into the chalet, thanks
Userlevel 4
Ruth,

It was certainly a pleasure working with you. After understanding the anticipated end result we determined that the IP configured on the Mgmt port was out of subnet range for the device we were working with.

After configuring an in network IP and connecting the RJ-45 cable to the Mgmt port we were able to ping the device via [i]ping vr vr-mgmt

We then downloaded the new image, installed it, and rebooted the switch. We configured a password and enabled web for Chalet access.

I am glad we got everything resolved. Should anything else come up please do not hesitate to reach out to GTAC or contact us here on the Hub.
Hello Josh,

Please can you tell me how to change the password for the chalet using the console. I just cannot remember the password. I know to keep it simple this time. Thanks for your help. I am able to log in using the console and the failsafe password for now.
Userlevel 7
Hello Josh,

Please can you tell me how to change the password for the chalet using the console. I just cannot remember the password. I know to keep it simple this time. Thanks for your help. I am able to log in using the console and the failsafe password for now.
Creating a new thread for a new topic Please reference the new conversation here: How to change the password using the console