Solved

how to configure sfp port

• 21 August 2019
  • 2 replies

i have extreme summit x450a-48t. I want to know how to configure one of the sfp port becasue i want to connect the port to another PC using fiber cable
icon

Best answer by FredrikB 28 August 2019, 17:08

There's no need to configure anything other than what would be needed for a copper port. If the port is a combo port (and as far as I remember you only have combo SFP ports in the -48t), you could specify you want the SFP to take precedence over the copper port, but that's the default anayway:

"To change the uplink failover assignment, use the following command:

configure ports port_list preferred-medium [copper | fiber] {force}

The default preferred-medium is fiber. If using the force option, it disables automatic failover. If you
force the preferred-medium to fiber and the fiber link goes away, the copper link is not used, even if
available."

/Fredrik
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2
There's no need to configure anything other than what would be needed for a copper port. If the port is a combo port (and as far as I remember you only have combo SFP ports in the -48t), you could specify you want the SFP to take precedence over the copper port, but that's the default anayway:

"To change the uplink failover assignment, use the following command:

configure ports port_list preferred-medium [copper | fiber] {force}

The default preferred-medium is fiber. If using the force option, it disables automatic failover. If you
force the preferred-medium to fiber and the fiber link goes away, the copper link is not used, even if
available."

/Fredrik
Thanks Fredrik