Solved

How to quickly see which ports goes up / down via cli - and also see the connected MAC from the Client

• 8 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there a quick way to see the connected MAC Adress via cli? Also is there a way to see quickly which ports goes up / down. I need to change VLAN’s on selected Ports, and I will discover the clients a) by just switching network down / up - since this is a stacked 48/48 Ports Switch it would be good to only filter by recent changes in up/down. Is this possible. 

1. I would also be able to see the connected MAC Adress, so I could verify if it is the right port.

I would like to do this via cli. I need to put selected Clients in a different Vlans...

Thank You very much

icon

Best answer by Stefan K. 8 October 2020, 09:50

frankygth,

did you tried “show fdb port ?” and “show fdb vlan ?” to see if it meet your needs?

Mig

Is there any way to search for an MAC Adress on the switch (cli)?

yes

show fdb <mac>

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

frankygth,

did you tried “show fdb port ?” and “show fdb vlan ?” to see if it meet your needs?

Mig

Userlevel 1

frankygth,

Mig

ok, this sounds promising. So if I’m not mistaken the command shows me the MAC via port or the connected MAC via VLAN. Therefore I could just check the MAC on the Client and find the port that way. 

Userlevel 4

frankygth,

Mig

yes

show fdb <mac>

Userlevel 1

frankygth,

Mig

yes

show fdb <mac>

you just made my day ;-) Thank You very much. The last question would be, is there a sort of Wildcard within searching, or do I have to put the whole Mac Adress?

Userlevel 4

Not directly, but you can simply grep it.

show fdb | grep 00:08:5d

Best regards
Stefan

Userlevel 1

Not directly, but you can simply grep it.

show fdb | grep 00:08:5d

Best regards
Stefan

perfect, thank you ;-)