Is summit x440-48p-10G stackable via SFP+ ? if yes, How?

i have 2 summit x440-48p-10G here without stacking modules, i saw that to enable stacking in xOS you just need to enter "enable stack" but this command is not present in the switch with version 15.1.3.4, is x440 stackable?

17 replies

Yes Summit X440-48p-10G supports stacking. Please follow below procedure
enable stacking-support
save & reboot
enable stacking
Userlevel 4
Yes, use port 49 and 50 for stacking.

You can find this information in concept guide EXOS 15.4 page # 144, Table 23: Summit Family Switch Support for Alternate Stack Ports.
thank you very much for the replies 🙂
hi, how can i update to 15.4? im currently using 15.3.1.4

thanks for the patience
Userlevel 4
IF all the slots are booted on same partition then you have execute below command from master switch.

download image summitX-15.4.1.3-patch1-10.xos vr vr-
Sumit Tokle wrote:

IF all the slots are booted on same partition then you have execute below command from master switch.

where can i get the image summitX-15.4.1.3-patch1-10.xos
Userlevel 4
Sumit Tokle wrote:

login to esupport.extremenetworks.com and use the SN of switch to download the software image.
Sumit Tokle wrote:

thanks, i send the request for login, but no reply yet. 😞 i need to update ASAP can you help?
Userlevel 4
Sumit Tokle wrote:

Can I have your mail address which you have used for registration? You can call the TAC and ask the immediate assistance.
Userlevel 4
Sumit Tokle wrote:

Use your company's email address while registering it on esupport. I think you have used gmail address.
Sumit Tokle wrote:

gino@asti.dost.gov.ph

i tried both email addresses
thanks!
Userlevel 4
Sumit Tokle wrote:

You will receive the mail from our team within couple of minutes.

You need to reply to that mail with the requested information. Check your mail @ gino@asti.dost.gov.ph
Userlevel 4
Sumit Tokle wrote:

You need to contact to your the partner to download the software.
Sumit Tokle wrote:

omg, i registered a wrong email from my company, its

gino@liham.asti.dost.gov.ph

partner?
Sumit Tokle wrote:

partner?
Userlevel 4
Sumit Tokle wrote:

I have provided the the information over the phone..
Sumit Tokle wrote:

yes sumit, thank you for the info 🙂