Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks

May I connect with SSH2 or telnet to the decicated MGMT-port (VR-Mgmt VLAN)?

Userlevel 4
Hello, team!

I've configured IPs for MGMT-ports of all my Exteme switches and connected them to dedicated 2960. Ping works fine but I am unable to connect to the switches with SSH or telnet.

Is it possible?

Thanks!

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi Ilya,

I assume that you have enabled ssh/telnet and there is no access-list applied on the telnet application?
Userlevel 4
Ron Huygens wrote:

Hi Ilya,

I assume that you have enabled ssh/telnet and there is no access-list applied on the telnet application?

Hello, Ron!

Thanks for your reply. I am not sure about the telnet, but ssh was enabled. How can I check whether there are any access-lists applied to "telnet application"? It sound a bit strange for me...
Userlevel 6
Ron Huygens wrote:

Hi Ilya,

Hi, you can check that through the "show management" command already requested by Ronald.
Userlevel 7
Is the ping source and the switch mgmt IP in the same subnet - please post the CLI output for "show management".
Userlevel 4
Ron wrote:

Is the ping source and the switch mgmt IP in the same subnet - please post the CLI output for "show management".

Hi,Ronald!

I will post the output in several hours, thank you...
Userlevel 4
Ron wrote:

Hello, Ron!

Here it is - "show management" output. How can I check what is "mgt" access-profile?

Many thanks to you!
Userlevel 5
Ron wrote:

Hi Ilya,

So there is a policy file called mgt.pol. That probably prevent you of logging in.
With "vi mgt.pol" you can see the content.
with "configure telnet access-profile none" you can remove the access profile.
Userlevel 5
Ron wrote:

Ilya,

As Ron pointed out to remove the access profile configured for telnet. In the similiar way, remove the access profile configured for SSH

"configure ssh2 access-profile none".
Userlevel 4
Thank you very much, gentlemen!

I've added required prefixes to access-profile file and not it works.
Userlevel 6
For further reference, please see the article below:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/Create-an-ACL-on-an-XOS-switch-for-SSH2-se...
Hello Henrique,

Does the same reference applies for telnet as well as SSH?
Is "Controlssh" refer to a name or has a function!?

Thanks
Yusuf