MPLS Kernel error 16.1.3.6

Show first post

40 replies

What does mean "BFD path down"?
Userlevel 6
What does mean "BFD path down"?For some reason, the BFD did not receive the health check packet on time (that could be due to many reasons.). When that happened the BFD state went down and then the OSPF has converged.

Based on the outputs provided the BFD is configured to 300ms and applied to both OSPF vlans "IP_41" and "IP_InterEx".

Are those vlans/ports direct connected to the OSPF neighbor switch/router?
What does mean "BFD path down"?Yes. Both device connected directly. One of them X670 other Cisco Me3600X.
How it can be what two difference device directly conected in different ports can't send bfd packet at the same time? All devices connected in ring but problem seen only on one I don't think it is a network problem.
What does mean "BFD path down"?Problem repeated 2-3 times per day. What command can debug bfd problem?
Userlevel 6
What does mean "BFD path down"?You can add some BFD log events to try to get additional information.

Please take a look at the Article below:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-enable-additional-debug-logs-in-EXO...

I would recommend you to increase the timer a little from 100ms to 150ms/200ms and check if this flap stops.
What does mean "BFD path down"?As i can see timeout is not reached or i am wrong? Why you think about increase the timers?
What does mean "BFD path down"? debug bfd show session

Session ID: 1 Remote ID: 1 srcPort: 49152 TxSock: 11 client count: 1
destIP: 10.16.248.18, srcIP: 10.16.248.17, vlan: IP_InterEx
sessionToBeDeleted: FALSE sessnDelAborted: FALSE numPduRemain: 0 delReqPeerId: -1 delReqClientId: -1
countDelInits: 0 countDelAborts: 0
Event RECIVED_ADMIN_DOWN = 0
Event RECEIVED_DOWN = 0
Event RECEIVED_INIT = 1
Event RECEIVED_UP = 892908
Event DETECT_TIMEOUT = 0
Event ECHO_FAILED = 0
Event LOCAL_ADMINDOWN = 0
Event LOCAL_ADMINUP = 0
Event LOCAL_TIMER_CHANGE = 0
Client ID : 8193,

Session ID: 2 Remote ID: 15 srcPort: 49153 TxSock: 11 client count: 1
destIP: 10.16.248.10, srcIP: 10.16.248.9, vlan: IP_41
sessionToBeDeleted: FALSE sessnDelAborted: TRUE numPduRemain: 0 delReqPeerId: -1 delReqClientId: -1
countDelInits: 3 countDelAborts: 3
Event RECIVED_ADMIN_DOWN = 0
Event RECEIVED_DOWN = 8
Event RECEIVED_INIT = 3
Event RECEIVED_UP = 37585947
Event DETECT_TIMEOUT = 3
Event ECHO_FAILED = 0
Event LOCAL_ADMINDOWN = 3
Event LOCAL_ADMINUP = 3
Event LOCAL_TIMER_CHANGE = 0
Client ID : 8193,
Userlevel 6
What does mean "BFD path down"?Since the BFD is handled by the switch CPU, when using lower timers, if you have any CPU spike it could affect BFD.

If the issue occurs 3-4 times/day then you can try to adjust/increase the timer and check if the behavior changes.
Userlevel 6
What does mean "BFD path down"?I'm suspecting something with CPU and lower BFD timers since both OSPF neighbors configured with BFD have converged at same time as follows:

11/17/2016 12:22:57.57 Changing the state of neighbor rtid 10.15.0.1 ipa 10.16.248.18 to state = DOWN due to BFD path down.

11/17/2016 12:22:57.56 Changing the state of neighbor rtid 10.16.0.1 ipa 10.16.248.10 to state = DOWN due to BFD path down.
Userlevel 6
What does mean "BFD path down"?You can also add the BFD state change event in the log to track the flap as follows:

configure log filter DefaultFilter add events BFD.SessnStateChg
What does mean "BFD path down"?Ok. We enable log for bfd events.
Userlevel 6
What does mean "BFD path down"?Did you increase the BFD timer?
What does mean "BFD path down"?No. Why we need to increase?
Userlevel 6
What does mean "BFD path down"?It's just a suggestion to check if this flapping stops...
What does mean "BFD path down"?After disabling BGP problem is disapear.