New in the Extreme Networks world and AVB world

Hello, my name is Jonathan. First I'm sorry for my English I'm French canadien. I own a little sound rental company bases in Montreal. We would like to offer an AVB solution to our customer, local event, festival and touring.

I recently buy recently an old X440-24P for our test in the our shop with AVB, before implanting this to our all gear. We use Dante and Cobranet to. I bought this on ebay at very low cost, perfect for starting, but after some research I found I need a Voucher code for activate the AVB license, but I can't buy AVB license thru Extreme Networks since I don't buy the switch from Extreme. So ? What it the solution,

I also bought 6x X430-8P brand new from a guy on eBay and he don't have the famous voucher number.

I contact Extreme about this and get no response after almost 2 weeks. I open an account on extreme portal. But I don't know how to add switch in the inventory.

Do I lost all my money in 6 un-usable switch ? I know I have to pay for the AVB bridging pack license.

Let me know, Thanks you for your time, I will visite frequently this site to check any response.

Best regards.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Jonathan,
I've contacted our sales team to find out what options we have here. Myself or someone from the team will get back to you on this.
Note that our official Grey-Market Sales Policy is outlined here: http://extrcdn.extremenetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Extreme-Grey-Market-Sales-Policy.pdf

-Drew
Hello Mr Drew. I appreciate your quick response. Trust if I know this I'll never spent so much money in this project or I'll do it directly from Extreme, I order a lot of stuff for begin this project, hope we can found a Solution, where do I drop you my email in case ?

Best regards.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan Jomix Lafontaine wrote:

Hello Mr Drew. I appreciate your quick response. Trust if I know this I'll never spent so much money in this project or I'll do it directly from Extreme, I order a lot of stuff for begin this project, hope we can found a Solution, where do I drop you my email in case ?

Best regards.

I've got your email address (the one you used to register) and will contact you when I hear back from sales.