Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks

NMS; Decrease update "Scanning" time


Hello,

Is there any way we can decrease the updating time of NMS, as it's takin a lot time to show the updates on network!

Regards
Yusuf

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Are we talking Extreme Mgmt Center (Netsight) ?
Could you please give one example of what exactly is slow so we'd get a better unterstanding of the issue.

-Ron
Ron wrote:

Are we talking Extreme Mgmt Center (Netsight) ?
Could you please give one example of what exactly is slow so we'd get a better unterstanding of the issue.

-Ron

Kindly check the updates below!
Userlevel 4
Hi Yusuf,

Could you be more specfic on your requirement , if you have any screen short please share.

Thanks,
Suresh.B
Bharathiraja, Suresh wrote:

Hi Yusuf,

Could you be more specfic on your requirement , if you have any screen short please share.

Thanks,
Suresh.B

Kindly check the updates below!
@Bharathiraja@Ronald

We are using NetSight to monitor our Extreme network ..

I tried to get a switch down, by closing the connection from previous switches "in ring" and it took 4 minutes to get the alarm on NetSight.

When I reconnected the switch back it took 4 minutes to come up on NetSight!



Even when I close a connection it's taking a lot of time to show!



So I was asking if there is a way to speed up the refresh time!



Thanks
Yusuf
Userlevel 7
Hi Yusuf,

I never used it myself but AFAIK you'd set differnt poll groups here...



... and then set the poll group on the device....



Here the information from the help function....



-Ron
Ron wrote:

Hi Yusuf,

I never used it myself but AFAIK you'd set differnt poll groups here...



... and then set the poll group on the device....



Here the information from the help function....



-Ron

Thank You!

It's solved, but using different interfaces as I am using an older version!

Regards
Yusuf

Reply