Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks

Password not working after applying configure failsafe admin permit all command

Initially I configured admin password and it was working fine on x460 switch. As soon as I applied configure failsafe admin permit all command, password is no more working....?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Could you please provide the exact CLI commands that you've used and the software version of the switch.
Userlevel 7
Ron wrote:

Could you please provide the exact CLI commands that you've used and the software version of the switch.

Have you done it like that...
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-To-Create-a-Failsafe-Account
Ron wrote:

yes, software version 16.1..............
Ron wrote:

but the issue is I just used single command configure failsafe-account {[deny | permit] [all | control | serial | ssh {vr vrname} | telnet {vr vr-name}]}.. never used following commands: enter failsafe user name: failsave_user enter failsafe password: enter password again:
Userlevel 3
Ron wrote:

When you executed the command to create a failsafe account, did you see the below mentioned prompt? Did you enter any information on CLI?

enter failsafe user name: failsave_user
enter failsafe password:
enter password again:
Ron wrote:

no
Userlevel 4
Note that in EXOS 21.1 and higher, a one-time failsafe exists. For information on this process, see How to access an EXOS switch using a one-time failsafe password
Userlevel 7
Sumit Tokle wrote:

Note that in EXOS 21.1 and higher, a one-time failsafe exists. For information on this process, see How to access an EXOS switch using a one-time failsafe password

Nice to see you here again, Sumit!
The one-time failsafe also exists in 16.2 🙂
Sumit Tokle wrote:

Thanks Drew, but it is ExtremeXOS 16.1.3b6
Sumit Tokle wrote:

actually I tried "Config none" and than "Reboot", I think I should Try "boot" after "config none"
Sumit Tokle wrote:

yes, "config none" and then "boot" worked for me....
Userlevel 3
Sumit Tokle wrote:

Sounds good. Please make sure to configure it as per provided article.