Searching for Extreme MIBs (not base-mib)

Userlevel 5
Hello,
Is there a location on your website where I could get various Extreme MIBs (like EXTREME-NP-MIB, EXTREME-ESRP-MIB, EXTREME-VLAN-MIB, EXTREME-QOS-MIB, EXTREME-EAPS-MIB, EXTREME-EDP-MIB, EXTREME-VLAN-MIB, EXTREME-LACP-MIB) and others that the manual refers to?
All I see is the BASE-mib, aka "_MIB.txt" when I go to the download section where I can get to the XOS images. When I include that in my snmp configs, I get a lot of "can't find" warnings/errors

Of course I can google the missing ones and grab a copy from the various OID repositories on the web, but I'd rather get them straight from you 😉

Thanks,

Frank

10 replies

You can download:

https://esupport.extremenetworks.com/eservice_enu/start.swe?SWECmd=Start&SWEHo=esupport.extremen...
Userlevel 5
Hmmm - that link just leads me to the support login page, or if I'm already logged in, to "The server you are trying to access is either busy or experiencing difficulties. Please close the Web browser, open a new browser window, and try logging in again.[08:36:06]"

Once logged in, I don't see any area where I could get MIBs, and they're also not in the "download software updates" section 😞
you have to create your own access account for the extreme product purchased.
Userlevel 5
I have one - still not a single link to the mibs 😞 After logging in, which link (or which links) do you follow to get the mibs?
Userlevel 5
Nvm - see Brandon's tips.
Userlevel 7
Hi Frank,

These MIBs should be included in the"_MIB.txt" file that you see with the software downloads. If you open it in a text editor, you should be able to search for the specific MIB that you are looking for to confirm it is in the file.

If there is a specific OID that seems to be causing these issues, or if one of these MIBs is missing from the file, let me know and I can take a look.

-Brandon
Userlevel 5
Brandon Clay wrote:

Hi Frank,

These MIBs should be included in the"_MIB.txt" file that you see with the software downloads. If you open it in a text editor, you should be able to search for the specific MIB that you are looking for to confirm it is in the file.

If there is a specific OID that seems to be causing these issues, or if one of these MIBs is missing from the file, let me know and I can take a look.

-Brandon

You're right, the definitions are indeed in there.I must have missed that when I originally looked (or mistyped something)

I wonder if I'm missing a flag in my net-snmp config, or if net-snmp isn't "forward-looking" inside the mib file.

Back to the net-snmp books (Linux/CentOS) and man-pages...
Userlevel 5
Ah, got it! Net-SNMP seems a little iffy with mib files that contain multiple definitions, it seems.
"smistrip _MIB.txt" in your mibs-directory, and an entry of "mibs +EXTREME-BASE-MIB" in /etc/snmp/snmp.conf did wonders.

"smistrip", which is part of the "libsmi" package in CentOS, creates individual mib-files, one per "DEFINITIONS", from text files.

Now I just have to remember what I did before I descended into this rabbit hole... 😉
Related to this topic, here is a link to the MIBs webpage which contains links and explains how to get the EXOS and EOS MIBs.
To somebody help. netdisco rpm package (use epel repo) include all MIBs.

Add line to /etc/snmp/snmp.conf:
mibdirs +/usr/share/netdisco/mibs/extreme/[/code]