Create Date: Sep 22 2012 7:42AM
Can I possibly request urgent help with a two tier MLAG solution that I am trying to PoC. I basically have four X460s connected together in a full mesh. Two switches will emulate a Core and two to emulate edge switches.
1. Core1 connected to Core2 across an ISC consisting of two ports aggregated in a regular LAG.
2. Edge1 connected to Edge2 across an ISC consisting of two ports aggregated in a regular LAG
3. Core1 connected to Edge1 (2ports LAG) and Edge2(2ports LAG)
4. Core2 connected to Edge1 (2ports LAG) and Edge2(2ports LAG)
My question is how and where would I setup the LAG and MLAG between the Core and Edge. Here is my present config
1. On the Edge1 and 2 switches, the ports going to both Core switches are setup as a regular LAG.
2. On the Core1 and 2 switches, the ports going to the Edge1 switch are setup as a MLAG with id 1 and the ports going to Edge2 are setup with MLAG with id 2.
3. I was under the impression that the connection from each of the Core to both Edge switches could be setup as a MLAG on the Edge switches as well so that you would have MLAG at both ends.
There is presently a loop and the CPU percentage is around 40-50% which is not great. I cannot go to production with this.
I am following the concepts guide but it is sort of thin on details when it comes to the two tier config. I have two VLANS to emulate edge VLANS and they are propagated all across (on all uplinks - tagged). Any suggestions pls. (from Anush_Santhanam)