I have at work two Eaps rings, each one with 3 switches, and a shared port between the rings , I want to create a LAG with the ports of the shared port and add another port to the LAG in the two switches (X670G2 EXOS 15.7 Core License), this new ports thata I want to add dont have any configuration at all. We have many vlans going through this switches and I havent got yet them all protected, so my idea is to make this change as fast as possible. My idea is:
1) Disable warnings from Eaps
2) Disconnect the fiber of the shared port in one of the two sides
3) Create the LAG with LACP betweem the two switches with only the ports that are working and then connect them again.
4) Verify the Eaps converge again
5) Add the new ports to the LAG and verify again.
I thank you in advance for your opinions.
Also I have another question about if LAG with LACP default configuration (source and destin L2) its ok for the core traffic that i have at work for L2 and L3 traffic. I would prefer if I can have one link of the two of the LAG in standby mode, I have seen the LAG port based but i think is a little complicated.