Question

x440 24-p poe support

can anyone tell me that x440-24p switch is poe supportble or not.

14 replies

Userlevel 6

Hi Arghya,

Yes, the “P” at the end of the model name indicates that this switch is the POE model. If it was “T”, it would be normal copper, and “X” indicates SFP.

Thanks
Brad

Thanks for valuble reply.actually the issue my x440-24p not supplying power to my cctv cameras(12v) suddenly but ethernet connection is there.

can ou please help on same.

Userlevel 6

If you run the command “show inline-power info port <port>” What do you see displayed?

Hi,

please find below screen error

Userlevel 6

This possibly could be a hardware issue. Please contact GTAC support to open a ticket and have the issue investigated.

Thank you,

Brad

Hi B,

I have changed my poe switch with another one.But in my new poe x440 switch 4 ports inline power is showing in disble.i am trying through enble command but no result.port blinking and showing active.

Userlevel 6

If you run the command “show inline-power info port <port>” What do you see displayed?

It is showing those port are disble. Trying to enble it but not done. Is there any diagonise tool to up it. 

Userlevel 6

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it appears that switch may have a hardware issue as well.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Summit-PoE-failure-and-switch-pass-extended-diagnostic

Userlevel 3
Badge

12v cameras? 12v isn’t a PoE standard. PoE is normaly round about 48v.

Hi

thanks for all informatiom.

Currently i have installed 48p x440 and it’s working fine.can you tell me how can i configure mail notification  of my poe switch port status.

Hi Team,

Can any one help how to configure port notification in mail.

Dear Team,

Can anyone help on the topic that-if any port of x440 switch becomes disble how to get alert through my mail.