we have problems with a stable operation with x670V, 4x40G VIM cards and 40G transceivers. After start the switch sometimes the connections between to switches don't establish. We have use different transceiver: 1m DAC (Copper), 10m DAC (Fibre), dedicated 40G transceiver (multimode) with MPO fibre cables.
In a problem siutation I test the following to solve temporaily the problem:
- ports disable/enable: no change
- unplug and plug cable: no change
- unplug and plug transceiver: no change (I see remove and insert in the log)
- use another DAC-cable (= other transceivers): no change
- use the old dedicated transceiver: no change
- reboot one of the two switches: the 40 GBit/s link is establish
I use the firmware 220.127.116.11
Extreme Networks have no answer to solve the problem at the moment.