XOS LLDP announce management IP

Userlevel 2
Hello,

is there a way in XOS to announce a IP-address non vr-mgmt/mgmt-vlan in LLDP management address?

most of my customers didn't use the out-of-band management port. In this case the lldp management-address field doesn't make any sense.

I function like S/K-Series where you can define a L3 Interface as management interface would be nice.

8 replies

Userlevel 6
The workaround is to configure the mgmt vlan with the IP address you want to advertise, even when you dont use that mgmt port.
There is a feature request to be able to configure which vlan IP to advertise, at this moment the above method is the only one I know that works.
Userlevel 6
OscarK wrote:

The workaround is to configure the mgmt vlan with the IP address you want to advertise, even when you dont use that mgmt port.
There is a feature request to be able to configure which vlan IP to advertise, at this moment the above method is the only one I know that works.

Be aware that if you do this EMC aka Netsight / NAC Manager have an issue that the VR are recognize wrong after an enforce.
So you run into heavy Authentication problems.

There is also a FR in EMC to fix this. Currently this status is also unknown to me!
Userlevel 2
Hi Oscar,
thanks for your fast reply.
It's not beautiful but it helps...
hi all ... is there any update about this "issue"? ... what about the feature request? ... it would be very helpful in one of our costumer
Userlevel 6
Stefano Dall'Osto wrote:

hi all ... is there any update about this "issue"? ... what about the feature request? ... it would be very helpful in one of our costumer

This is also interesting to me - is FR approved - if yes, when will it be available ?
Userlevel 3
I can tell from the latest EXOS user guide the workaround proposed by Oscar is the only option available. Now with the FR, I believe it's best if you take this up with your Sales/Accounts team to get this fast tracked.
Userlevel 6
Jacob, Praveen wrote:

I can tell from the latest EXOS user guide the workaround proposed by Oscar is the only option available. Now with the FR, I believe it's best if you take this up with your Sales/Accounts team to get this fast tracked.

I Jacob,

i look into my e-mails and found this GTAC Case of September 2016.

EXOS Problem should be solved in 22.x xos0064020 - but i do not found in recent 22.3.1.4 Release Notes.

Netsight (EMC) Problem should fix in V8.0 - net0039900 - also not found in recent Release Notes.

So one year gone - no solution available ...

I have to check that with GTAC.

Regards,
Matthias
Userlevel 6
Jacob, Praveen wrote:

Here the lastest information:

The feature request for Xos0064020 is in 22.4 (expected 11/2017)
The Netsight CR net0039900 is scoped for 8.1.0.

Regards