Question

How to configure DHCP option 125 in X440-G2

• 22 July 2019
  • 7 replies

Hi all,

I would like to know how can I configure a dhcp option 125 in a SW x440G2.
I have seen several examples about the configuration int a Linux server and Windows DHCP, but I would like to send the option 125 from one Swtich to other by DHCP.

Thanks,

Elena

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Hi, Elena. Earlier versions of EXOS supported Option125. You can find information in the EXOS 22.1 User Guide (scroll down to "Option125".)

Hope this helps.
Hi, Elena. Earlier versions of EXOS supported Option125. You can find information in the EXOS 22.1 User Guide (scroll down to "Option125".)

Hope this helps.

Larry thank you, it is really useful, i made it.
Hi Larry Kunz,

Thanks fot the guide, but I am trying to configure the option 125 to inform the SW whichs is the IP of the NetSight.
I have read in this article https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/Zero-Touch-Provisioning-With-EXOS-and-Netsight/? how I can do it in a Windows Server, but I have configured the DHCP server in other EXOS SW to test it and I have not received the option.

Do you know how can I configure the DHCP Server + Option 125 in SW EXOS?

Thanks,

Elena
Userlevel 5
If the EXOS switch is running 21.1 or later, Option 125 isn't needed.
The switch will look for a DNS entry for "extremecontrol". This entry should map to the IP address of Extreme Management Center (Netsight).

Add an entry to your DNS server for
extremecontrol
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the information, it is really appreciated.

We are making test with an old switch running 16.1 version, but to the final environment we should install a latter version, so this solution is fine to us.

But related to the version, we have Extreme Management Center with 7.0.9.4 version, is it enough to support ZTP and discover the SW automatly?
Userlevel 5
A lot has happened with ZTP and XMC.
16.1 and XMC 7.0 would work with the DHCP option125

EXOS 2x.x - 30.x and XMC 8.2 would be my recommendation.

If you upgrade EXOS to 2x.x - 30.x with XMC 7.0, the ZTP feature won't work.
Thanks,

Tomorrow we will continue with the test and I will update the final solution.