Solved

More interfaces on GNS3 for VOSS

• 24 October 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

HI,

Does anybody know if we can use more interfaces thant the 1/1-1/8 available by default?

I changed the following:

but the interfaces are not going up when I connect them.

Thanks

Mig

icon

Best answer by Miguel-Angel RODRIGUEZ-GARCIA 20 February 2021, 22:07

Hi,

Here some explanations about the limitation.

The platform is “8284XSQ”.

@StephanH , it can’t be an XA as the XA has options for fragmentation and reduced MTU on logical interfaces that aren’t available here.

and we are limited to 9 usable ports: 1 OoB mgmt port and the 1/1 to 1/8.

The limitation of the number of ports is due to the virtualization of the OS with a vSwitch intentionally limited to 8 ports.

No way to go over.

Mig

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi Miguel,

I see the same thing on the 8.2 image using GNS3 2.2.25.  Let me see what I can find out.

Thanks,

Chris Thompson

Same issue, waiting for an update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello,

the virtual VOSS image is based on the XA1400 (even if the name suggests otherwise), therefore there are only 8 ports available. Due to the base there are also further restrictions. For example Fabric Attach.

No matter what interface I connect to the virtual VOSS image, interface Gig1/1-1/8 always come up, rather than port1/1 mapping to Gig1/1, port1/2 mapping to Gig 1/2 , etc, so it’s not possible to link multiple devices together.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello,

what port mapping do you meen? What do you connect to the VSP?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi,

Here some explanations about the limitation.

The platform is “8284XSQ”.

@StephanH , it can’t be an XA as the XA has options for fragmentation and reduced MTU on logical interfaces that aren’t available here.

and we are limited to 9 usable ports: 1 OoB mgmt port and the 1/1 to 1/8.

The limitation of the number of ports is due to the virtualization of the OS with a vSwitch intentionally limited to 8 ports.

No way to go over.

Mig

I have 5 VSP’s in my lab which I am trying to link together, of which two of them have a vIST, connecting  Device1-port1/1 to  Device2-port1/1, on both devices ports Gig1/1-Gig1/8 come up.

Although GNS3 allows we to make connections from the other VSPs to the VSP-vist-pair, I cant see what Gig interfaces the additional connections are mapping to.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Better to open a new topic for this

use “show autotop nm” to check what switch is behind.

Mig