Solved

Aerohive AP230: Device Update Failed.

• 24 December 2020
  • 28 replies

Hi Team,

I got 1 AP230.

Current HiveOS Version : 6.1r5

Device Update Failed in Hivemanager(NG) : “The AP_230 with MAC address 9C5D1223**** firmware upgraded from 6.1.5.0 to 6.4r1 is not supported. Please manually upgrade the device firmware to 6.1r6, and then reconnect.”

I see notification: “ Following devices can’t be upgraded automatically, please manually upgrade to 6.1r6 first: AH-23cbc0”

Could you please send me the fit firmware for AP230 ? version 6.1r6.

Email: son.duong@ccvi.vn

Thanks Team.

icon

Best answer by Sam Pirok 24 December 2020, 19:53

Hello Son, thank you for letting us know, I’ve emailed you with instructions on how to get the AP230 updated. Please let me know if I can help with anything else! Happy Holidays!

View original

28 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello Son, thank you for letting us know, I’ve emailed you with instructions on how to get the AP230 updated. Please let me know if I can help with anything else! Happy Holidays!

Many thanks for the reply, I will try and update later. Happy Holidays!

Hello Sam,

Thank you for sending me the right HiveOS version, I have successfully updated to the latest version and it works very well.

Can I get the 6.1r6 download info emailed to me as well? I have the same problem with an AP230 that needs it before it can proceed to newer versions. Thanks!!

Userlevel 7

Hi @jeeprebel , I’ve emailed those instructions over to you now. Please let me know if I can assist with anything else!

Thank you SO MUCH Sam!! I got it working!

Hi there Sam

Can you please send me the instructions yo manually update and Ap230 - I have one stuck on updating a well.

Thanks

Dave

Userlevel 7

Hi @dyoung, thanks for letting me know, I’ve emailed you those instructions as well. Please let me know if you have any issues updating your AP from here. 

Hi Sam

Thank you for your help.  Was able to update the AP230 and has fixed my problem.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Sam - another question you may be able to answer.  There used to be a (Golden) recommended firmware when updating - how do we choose from the updates available now.  Is choosing the latest the best option.  (I do read the ‘what’s new’)

Thanks

Dave

Userlevel 7

Hi Dave, we got rid of the “golden” versions of firmware, and generally recommend that you use the latest version available. That said, if you’re not sure about a brand new version, I might give it a few days after the release of a new version and then check back here on the community to see if anyone has noticed any issues with the new version. 

Hi Sam,

I have the same issue - can you please send me the instructins in order to get the AP230 working.

The AP has 6.1r6 installed.

Thanks

Oliver

Userlevel 7

Hi Oliver, I’ve just emailed you directly with the instructions. Please let me know if I can help with anything else!

Works perfectly!!

Thank you very much Sam!

Hi  @Sam Pirok, I have the same issue 

Can you please send me the instructions yo manually update and Ap230 - I have one stuck on updating a well.

Thanks

Userlevel 7

Hi @junjie, I’ve emailed you instructions on how to get the firmware you need and how to update the AP’s firmware via its Web UI. Please let me know if you have any further trouble updating your devices. 

I have the same issue - can you please send me the instructions in order to manually update the AP230 working.

Hi @junjie, I’ve emailed you instructions on how to get the firmware you need and how to update the AP’s firmware via its Web UI. Please let me know if you have any further trouble updating your devices. 

Works perfectly!!

Thank you very much!

Userlevel 7

Hi @richcorr, I’ve emailed those instructions over to you now as well. Please let me know if I can help with anything else!  

Please email the instructions as well

Userlevel 7

Hi @rob.luxton, thanks for reaching out, I’ve emailed those instructions over to you now. Please let me know if I can clarify anything. 

I’d also like the instructions. Thanks!

Userlevel 7

Hi @dan, I’ve emailed those instructions to you now as well. Please let me know if I can help with anything else.  

I also have an AP230 stuck on 6.4.1.0 (6.4r1e). Can I get instructions on updating this also.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7

Hi @dcraig, thanks for letting me know, I’ve emailed those instructions over to you now. Please let me know if you have any further trouble updating your device!