Solved

SSID are not broadcasted

• 7 December 2020
  • 7 replies

After migration to the cloud, some AccessPoint AP250s appear as "connected". However, the SSID will not be broadcast. 

icon

Best answer by StephanH 8 December 2020, 08:16

I can't say for sure, but if there are connection problems this can have different effects. 
Therefore, first eliminate the connection problems and then look at the layers above.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello,

Did you update you configuration? => Select the AP in Manage->Default view and go to Update Devices.

What tells the “configuration audit”? == Second symbol right from the cloud symbol in the “Manage Default view”.

Hello Stephan,

yes I have reset all devices and the two icons are green too. 

Another problem I have is that more access points overnight are now shown as offline.

Greetings

Thorsten

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hello Thorsten,

if you have connection issues. The best way is to follow these steps:

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/ExtremeCloud-IQ-Advanced-CAPWAP-Troubleshooting

I a second  stepx, if you are sure the connection is stabel, you can fix the SSID issue.

Hello Stephan,

now I have an accesspoint which looks goog in den management console. But when I want to ping something over SSH I get an Errormessage 

Best regards

Thorsten 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Is there a ACL on the switch, or if you ping devices in other ip subnets is there a firewall?

Can you ping the default gateway?

Hello, Stephan,

I will check the network and get back to you. Can this also be the problem with the SSID or is this another problem?

Greetings

Thorsten

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I can't say for sure, but if there are connection problems this can have different effects. 
Therefore, first eliminate the connection problems and then look at the layers above.