Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks

active status access point


please help me to active access point status

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Is this your first AP?
Check if need to approve the AP before they can connect to the EWC.
AP->Global settings->AP registration?

If this AP is behind a VPN change the MTU to e.g 1400
AP -> static configuration

Look if the AP tries to make a upgrade to the COntroller FW Version?
Umut Aydin wrote:

Is this your first AP?
Check if need to approve the AP before they can connect to the EWC.
AP->Global settings->AP registration?

If this AP is behind a VPN change the MTU to e.g 1400
AP -> static configuration

Look if the AP tries to make a upgrade to the COntroller FW Version?

I have AP3805i I have same problem dorce status please helpe me
accesspoint is approvee and use without vpn
Did you select your antenna's for the e model of access point you are installing?
Userlevel 4
SSH to the AP set it to factory default.
In the same time delete it from the web gui.

ssh to ap
username: admin
password:new2day
#cset f

Let see if this helps.

Without a antenna you shouldn't enabled radios but the AP should be able to connect.

Are you able to connect a different AP or AP types?

Check your license?
Umut Aydin wrote:

SSH to the AP set it to factory default.
In the same time delete it from the web gui.

ssh to ap
username: admin
password:new2day
#cset f

Let see if this helps.

Without a antenna you shouldn't enabled radios but the AP should be able to connect.

Are you able to connect a different AP or AP types?

Check your license?

I have AP3805i I have same problem dorce status please helpe me
Userlevel 4
HI,

this can be if you have a Backup Controller and the AP is locally connected with the secondary EWC?

If so release it to his home EWC and it will show as active.

Rgds
Umut
Umut Aydin wrote:

HI,

this can be if you have a Backup Controller and the AP is locally connected with the secondary EWC?

If so release it to his home EWC and it will show as active.

Rgds
Umut

hi Umut l don't have a Backup Controller
Userlevel 4
Umut Aydin wrote:

HI,

this can be if you have a Backup Controller and the AP is locally connected with the secondary EWC?

If so release it to his home EWC and it will show as active.

Rgds
Umut

Hi ,

please chwck out this article.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/Minimum-firmware-version-for-WS-AP3805

Regards
Umut

Reply