AP3825i Maximum VLAN supported in Sites Mode.

Userlevel 1
Hi All,

What is the maximum VLAN that can be supported in sites mode for access point 3825?

Karthik.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
It would be based on the number of supported topologies per controller type. How many are you looking to configure per site?

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/What-are-the-supported-system-limits-per-Iden...
Userlevel 1
I'm using V2110 Medium with 120+ VLANs. Initially added AP when there were lesser VLANs are working fine. But as VLANs grow, I see the below error when assigning new APs to sites.

Userlevel 7
Is the access point running a different code than the controller?

-Doug
Userlevel 1
No. I see the same AP is adopting properly when its not configured in sites mode.
Userlevel 7
Karthik wrote:

No. I see the same AP is adopting properly when its not configured in sites mode.

Thanks, one more question, what code are you on?
-Doug
Userlevel 1
Karthik wrote:

v9.15.05.0007. Waiting for downtime to increase sys limit and upgrade to 9.21.
Userlevel 7
Karthik wrote:

Thank you, I will research and get back to you...
Userlevel 1
Karthik wrote:

Hi, Any update?
Userlevel 7
Karthik wrote:

Yes, sorry for the delay. The messages are due to a blacklist being pushed out to the access point, specifically when removing a client from the blacklist.

I would suggest opening a ticket with the GTAC if you have time to work on this.
Userlevel 1
Karthik wrote:

Hi Thank you. I saw blacklist in EWC. There are some MAC address blacklisted already. Not able to remove it as its disabled. Any idea why it is so? This EWC is being managed by Netsight 6.1.

-Karthik.
Userlevel 7
Karthik wrote:

Further investigation would be needed to figure out the root cause.
Userlevel 1
Karthik wrote:

Thanks. Its a system level problem. Customer has shutdown EWC by VMWare ESXi client directly. Since there is no VMware tools installed, it powered off EWC. A proper reboot has solved this.