Extreme Wireless Planner

Userlevel 5
Hi all

Anybody used the new Extreme Wireless Planner tool on the Partnernet??
Great Great tool - gone is the days of manually doing site surveys!!!!

Well done!!!!

10 replies

We are about to start planning an entire wireless overhaul. What is this Wireless Planner Tool, and how do i get/test it?
Userlevel 5
Hi Michael

This is a wireless planning tool.
You upload you floor plan, define the walls (Brick , dry wall) ect.
You can then either have the planning tool place the AP's automatically on the floor plan or you can do it manually.
You can then view a predictive heatmap.
The tool also generates a PDF report that give you all information that can be presented to clients as is.

You can find an example of the generated report on the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iue67rsarfaeolm/Default%20Plan%20%282%29.pdf?dl=0

Great tool for planning
It looks great, but i can't find where to download the software. Any hints?
Userlevel 5
It is actually not a downloadable application.....
Via the Partner Portal you access it online.

The interface has the same look and feel as the new Cloud management solution so I would presume this is part of the cloud hosted systems.
Ahh, so only for partners, not for customers? Guess i'm not part of the 'in crowd'.

Bummer...
Userlevel 6
Michael Smith wrote:

Ahh, so only for partners, not for customers? Guess i'm not part of the 'in crowd'.

Bummer...

EDIT: Link removed per product management's request.
Michael Smith wrote:

Bummer...

You are the man! Thanks!!!!
Michael Smith wrote:

Bummer...

Thanks! Trying it out now.
Userlevel 2
Michael Smith wrote:

Bummer...

This is awesome. Does anyone know what the max resolution of the image you can upload? Every map I upload is practically unreadable. But I know there is a limit in OneView Maps. Just wondering what it is in this application.

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Michael Smith wrote:

Bummer...

I've been asked by Product Management to remove the link to the tool above -- at least for now. It is not yet ready, in accordance to our plans, for end-customer use. It will still remain available to Partners via the PartnerNET Portal (Sales Tools). We intend to release it publicly at a later date. Sorry guys. For those of you who already have the link, enjoy 🙂
Userlevel 2
I hope this makes it to the customers soon. It would also be nice if we could export the maps and import them in to OneView so that we don't have to build the maps twice.

-Rich P.