HiPath Controller upgrade from major release version 6 to version 7.
User is prompted with a license statement saying the controller activation license has expired.
After the upgrade the license states that a 7 day grace period has been activated after the software upgrade to version 7 through the HiPath Wireless Assistant.
A new activation license - also known as a Regulatory Domain Key (14973) - needs to be requested whenever HiPath software is moved from one major version to another. As examples, version 5 to version 6 (11914) or version 6 to version 7 (explained below). Old activation keys will not carry over in the upgrade process.
Please be aware that the controller firmware release notes state what the minimum software version is, in order to move users to version 7. Users will have a 7 day grace period when upgrading between versions, before an activation key is needed.
Request and install a version 7 key.
How to do this:
- Log into your Enterasys Extranet account (https://extranet.enterasys.com).
- Select the 'My Enterasys -> My Licenses' option from the task panel at the top of the page.
- Select the 'IdentiFi Wireless Upgrade Licenses' option from the list of tasks on the right-hand side of the page.
- Fill in the simple form: Upgrade Version: <select "v7 Wireless Controller"> Contract Number: <type your Enterasys service contract number> Locking ID: <type the dash-delimited MAC Address of your HiPath controller>
- Click the 'Submit' button.
- Once the form has been submitted it will be reviewed by Order Management to confirm the contract is valid for a version 7 upgrade.
- Upon approval the user will be notified via email, and given an Entitlement ID that must be redeemed though the user's Extranet account (follow the emailed instructions, or see 10833).
- Once the Entitlement is redeemed, an activation key will be emailed to the user (or directly copied by the user).
- Configure the activation key into the HiPath Controller.