Header Only - DO NOT REMOVE - Extreme Networks

how to access ap-3825i web interface

how to access ap-3825i web interface

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Hi,

The AP3825i can be configured through Wireless Controller or SSH or serial port.

if you want to use web browser then navigate to your controller and manage your AP through your controller.

Best regards

Z.
hi
how to enable without controller?

Best regards
Userlevel 6
The AP3825i can be configured through Wireless Controller or SSH or serial port.

So you can install on some computer HTTP-to-SSH proxy. Then you will be able to use HTTP and the AP will be configured through SSH.

I believe there are also some terminal servers available on the market = you will connect to the terminal server over http and you will see the serial port output in your browser.

Good luck

.Z
i connect with serial and putty but not active at controller.

Mikaeil Beigpour wrote:

Hi, i have the ap-3825i but i have not be able to access to the admin web interface. I've just installed the putty and i can connect to the ap trhough ssh, but i don't know wich command should i use to set a basic configuration (change the ssid, password, set the ssid discoverable, etc). I'd appreciate so much if you could give me a hand with this issue. Sorry for my english, my first language is spanish. this is my email for any suggestion: azuleta@eycglobal.com

Thanks in advance.
Userlevel 7
Mikaeil Beigpour wrote:

You configure the AP via the WLAN controller GUI.
This isn't a standalone AP = you need a controller.
Mikaeil Beigpour wrote:

Thanks for you response,

Let me ask you one more question: ¿for Controller you mean a Device or a Software?. If a software, could you please tell me how to get it?....

if a device, you mean i can't set it up any other way?... so the device (controller) has to be connected on the same network always ?

Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Mikaeil Beigpour wrote:

Here a link to the controller list / datasheet...
https://www.extremenetworks.com/product/wireless-controllers/

You'd run it in VM (=V2110 model) or have a physical controller, either one need to be bought from a Extreme partner.

In a real scenario the AP is always connected to a controller (don't need to be on the same subnet).
Userlevel 7
Mikaeil Beigpour wrote:

forgot to add the Cloud solution = certain APs could be managed via the Extreme Cloud (=subscription model)

Here the link...
https://www.extremenetworks.com/extremecloud/
Mikaeil Beigpour wrote:

Thank you so much... so now i know this ap is useless for me because i don't have the controller.
Userlevel 6
Donnot understand how serial port connection is related to your AP status in the controller.
Userlevel 4
No web access possible.
This is not a standloane AP. Thin AP only configurable over controller web gui.

set AP to factory default and check your license.