Hi. I was wondering if anyone is seeing the same issue I am. I have over 1200 APs installed on a couple of C5210 controllers running 09.21.01.0179 code. Those 1200+ APs are broken down to the following three models:
650+ are 3715i
390+ are 3825i
150+ are 3610i
These are connected to either C3G124-48P (running 06.61.09.0012) or C5G124-48P2 (running 06.81.01.0027 code) switches.
It seems like every week or so I get a 3715i AP that is down and when I look at the switch port, it says "PoE Overload or Fault". When I replace the AP with another new 3715i, the switch port is fine and the new AP comes up instantly so it doesn't appear to be a switch issue. I've tried connecting the problem AP to different PoE switches in our lab as well as just plugging it in to a PoE Injector and it won't come up. It's dead, so we get it RMA'd and a day later a new one shows up. I wouldn't care if this happening once in a while, but I've had to replace 20+ access points and it only seems to happen to the 3715i. We've opened a case with the GTAC a few months ago, but never heard back. I'm getting tired of replacing APs. I was just curious if anyone was having the same problem.